• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Valuejet 1624X ink not flowing

JustASC

Hi!

So ink is no longer moving through the tubes. There are air bubbles in Magenta, but none of the others, that I can see. However, when I run cleans, short or long, no ink is coming through the waste tubes from any of the colours. The ink does come out of the print head to perform a nozzlecheck, which is steadily getting worse since no new ink is being pulled through during cleaning.

Recently there has been a lifetime pump alert, but that just started two days ago, and all the parts seem to be moving okay. We've had this machine for somewhere between a year and two years, I can't quite remember. Is it time for a new maintenance station already?

Any suggestions would be helpful! We have two printers, but the other one has its own issues. I'd really like to have at least this one up and running reliably again.

Thank you!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Mutoh recommends changing the maintenance station once per year which almost no one ever does. I would start with changing the cap top and while you are in there flush the pump tubes. This normally will get you back up and running. The older the maintenance station gets however, the more likely you will need to just replace the whole thing. So you might get 3 or 4 cap tops changed out of a maintenance station before the pump starts to fail. The lifetime pump error just means the pump has reached it's expected life. In reality it can last much longer.

JustASC

Mutoh recommends changing the maintenance station once per year which almost no one ever does. I would start with changing the cap top and while you are in there flush the pump tubes. This normally will get you back up and running. The older the maintenance station gets however, the more likely you will need to just replace the whole thing. So you might get 3 or 4 cap tops changed out of a maintenance station before the pump starts to fail. The lifetime pump error just means the pump has reached it's expected life. In reality it can last much longer.

Okay, well I do have a cap top on a spare (new) maintenance station, so I can use that for now. Thanks!

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Hi!

So ink is no longer moving through the tubes. There are air bubbles in Magenta, but none of the others, that I can see. However, when I run cleans, short or long, no ink is coming through the waste tubes from any of the colours. The ink does come out of the print head to perform a nozzlecheck, which is steadily getting worse since no new ink is being pulled through during cleaning.

Recently there has been a lifetime pump alert, but that just started two days ago, and all the parts seem to be moving okay. We've had this machine for somewhere between a year and two years, I can't quite remember. Is it time for a new maintenance station already?

Any suggestions would be helpful! We have two printers, but the other one has its own issues. I'd really like to have at least this one up and running reliably again.

Thank you!

Did you recently change maintenance station or dampers? Make sure they are OEM. If you have not changed your either parts within 12 months, it is time to change.

Original Maintenance Station for 1624
https://www.premiercolour.com/colle...on-for-mutoh-valuejet-1604-1614-1624-dg-41000

Original Damper for 1624
https://www.premiercolour.com/colle...-1608hs-1614-1624-1628-1638-2638-628-dg-41543

bil

Hello,

The life time message that you got is totally normal, if you reach the number of motor cycle limit of the pump this message appears, which means that the maintenance station need to be changed, and it is probably clogged and that explain why you don't see any ink on the waste tubes when you perform a cleaning.
You need to change your maintenance station or your head will get clogged also.
Have a nice day.

https://www.digiprint-supplies.com/...e-assembly-dg-41000-potmuvj001.html?category=

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Hello,

The life time message that you got is totally normal, if you reach the number of motor cycle limit of the pump this message appears, which means that the maintenance station need to be changed, and it is probably clogged and that explain why you don't see any ink on the waste tubes when you perform a cleaning.
You need to change your maintenance station or your head will get clogged also.
Have a nice day.

https://www.digiprint-supplies.com/...e-assembly-dg-41000-potmuvj001.html?category=

I am not sure how it is an original maintenance station assembly for $307.40 which is a lot lower than US Mutoh dealer cost. In my recent updated knowledge, Digiprint supplies is not a Mutoh dealer. Are they? Not trying to bash anyone here but hey. Too good to be true.