• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueJET 64" Physically Cleaning the Head

SignsRus

I'm mighty nervous when it comes to physically cleaning the head on this thing. I've read the manual, and looked through all the documentation I have, but it still doesn't seem to do justice!

I have some swabs made for doing this but I can't seem to clean behind the head well. There has to be a ton of build up on the back side of the head. No matter how many little strings/hairs/threads/etc/etc I pull off always some coming back and dragging little lines of ink across my prints.

Anyone have a better method for cleaning around the head? Or some suggestions as to what chemicals & tools might be best for doing a better job?

threeputt

My machine is not a ValueJet, but I've encountered the same kinds of "access" issues. What I do is this:

I've obtained a very high power little pen light with an bendable, snakeable head (the kind with a laser on one side and white light on the other) and I use that to really, really inspect the heads. I've also obtained (via the internet) swabs that are sterile but the plastic handles can be bent at almost 90 degrees. I soak them in Isopropyl alcohol and go at it. The bend allows me to reach the rear of the print heads.

Hope this is some help.

GTSTECH

Use the cleaning solution that came with your printer.

On the 64" VJ, you have more than amble room to clean the backside of the head (compared to other models). Also when your cleaning the heads, look to clean the capping station as well.

My $.02

Joey Alonso
GTS

jiarby

soak a cleaning rag with fluid and lay over the capping station. Park the head there 15-20 mins. that gets alot!

Matt Cuellar

I agree with GTS. As long as you use the cleaning solution from the cleaning carts, you won't do any accidental damage to the heads, and on the 64 and 98" units, there is MORE than enough room to clean around the head without making you too nervous. Good luck!

randya

Are you going into CR maintance mode where the head moves all the way to the left side of the machine?

You can use the swabs, or nonshedding clean room wipers with the cleaning solution.

You should have good access to the head on the left side.
clean around the head, the ramp before and after the head, and in between the head and the ramp on each side of the head.

As long as you do not touch the bottom of the head, you should be fine.

There is a stainless steel band all around the head that you SHOULD clean, just be very careful around the nozzles themselves, as they can easily be damaged, only the wiper should touch the nozzle area (normally)