• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueJet and PrismJet V?? Whats the Difference?

Urban Image

Another interesting fact is that Sign Warehouse has dozens of people on this forum pretending to be sign makers that serve only to promote Sign Warehouse.

Last edited:

TrustedImages

Another interesting fact is that Sign Warehouse has dozens of people on this forum pretending to be sign makers that serve only to promote Sign Warehouse.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooook. I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO did not want to do this. I had absolutely NO intentions of stating who I worked for OR defending who I worked for in these threads. I've read plenty where my employer and my co-workers have been bashed. That's all fine and well. I did not join this forum to promote my employer or to try and make sales. I joined it b/c I DO have a vinyl cutter and I do have software and I DO do vinyl (do-do haha..) work on the side. I wanted a place for tips. Sure I work for a vinyl supplier but I refuse to ask people (including my customers) for tips.

Now, with that being said, I work for SignWarehouse. I am in sales. I am in supply sales. I use to be in equipment. But I didn't have it in me to cut ties after the sale. I guess I am too much of a mother hen. I would much rather have 100 loyal customers that order 400-2000 a month than have one or two really large accounts. Everytime my phone rings I answer. If I am sitting there I pick it up. It is true SignWarehouse has caller id. As I am sure that most of our competitors do. It's not that uncommon of a thing these days. Sure there are times that I cringe when my phone rings and I bare down for the yelling that I am about to get. Why do I do that? B/C 9 times out of 10 when I am getting yelled at it's b/c the customer is frustrated with things that beyond my or their control. IE UPS messing something up, vendor being out of stock, warehouse messing up on something, etc. etc. etc.

Is every rep at SignWarehouse that way? Certainly not. No vendor has every single rep be absolutely perfect every time. Am I saying I've never screwed up or wronged a customer when I shouldn't have? Nope not at all am I saying that. But I do do (do-do again..haha) everything within my power to make things better. My manager gives me all the accounts that have had trouble with other reps to call back. I love doing that. I love to restore people's faith in SignWarehouse. Because a lot of times...it just simply comes down to who your rep was. I hate saying that and I hate it even more that it's true.

Now Urban Images, I do not know where on earth you got that we have several people on this forum posing to be sign makers to promote SignWarehouse. There are three people that I know of that are members of this forum that are employed by SignWarehouse. Jerry Barrax is our product manager. He is a former employee of SSK. He left in the spring of last year to join us in Texas. He is very very knowledgeable of the industry having been in it for so long. Todd Castle, another former SSK employee and myself are the only other employees that I am aware of on here. If there are others it is not at the directive of SignWarehouse I can assure you that. I had absolutely no intentions of revealing my employer. But I also had no intentions of promoting or demoting them either. (Did I use the word demothing the properly there?...I'm sure you get my drift)

I'm almost done I promise!! Autografxx, if you would like to private message me your company contact info I would be more than happy to look up your account and try to offer you a very blunt and honest explanation of exactly what happened with your account. I will not try and persuade you to order from us again. Because again I am not here to drum up business. Unless you want to buy a sign or a decal! And really not even then. The direction I've decided to focus on is fundraisers for schools. I know I'm not going to make a killing on them but it's fun and I can make a little supplemental money and that's really all I'm after.

Please please please do not treat me any differently know who my employer is. I am just a vinyl user like all the rest of you!

The Sign Dude

I did not list the whole incident with SW I only hit the high points in my comment. I also ask to speak to upper management several times only to be laughed at and hear "Thats not going to happen". I feel like that once they got my money in their hands they coulnd not have cared less where my stuff was. as far as not being able to control how scanvec ships is true but when they know its not going to be there on time and tell you it is anyway...well thats just a lie. I think urban is probably right about SW having employees on here promoting and defending. Doesnt matter though I know that at least 5 of the other sign companies in my area will not do any business with SW either.
Nothing against you trust but I think SW is a black eye to the sign industry.
Good luck with your sign business I hope it does well for you.

cajun312

I had been buying a product from SW for several years called colorprint, it's made to print on with a thermal printer and then contour cut the design before applying to shirts. This product had a very sticky liner which made weeding a breeze. I ordered a couple of rolls for an upcoming job and it was a different material, it barely stuck to the liner at all, if I stood the roll on end the material would actually start falling off the liner, totally impossible to weed after printing. I called back SW and was told the material was not defective and had always been this way. I tried to get a manager but none would speak to me, I tried to mail them a picture of the material falling off the roll but they refused to give a managers e-mail addy, after a couple of days they finally told me if I paid the shipping back to SW they would refund 50% of my purchase price, IF THEY DEEMED THE MATERIAL DEFECTIVE, if not I would not only be out of the purchase price but the shipping too! I keep a roll of that material handy to remind me to never order any materials from them again.
Mark

The Sign Dude

Sorry to hear that Cajun. I hope their (our managers are to good to talk to the little guy) attitude toward their customers is going to catch up with them.

TrustedImages

I offered you an explanation by looking in to your account but apparently that's not good enough for you. Sometimes when you want a company to work with you, you have to allow them to. I understand you want nothing to do with Signwarehouse and I did not try and make you. I offered a simple explanation. And I AM NOT Taffy. Taffy is a manager though. You said in your earlier post that she wasn't. She is the customer service manager.

The Sign Dude

Sw

Exactly what could you do now to make it better? Refund the money it cost me in down time and time spent on the phone? Nope....I gave them plenty of chances to rectify the situation and they chose not to. I told them at when all this was going on that I would be buying a wide format printer soon and would like to fix the situation so that I could make a future purchase from them. As far as Taffy goes she handled it just as bad as the rep without the yelling. Thats scary when a companies management is mishandling customers.

I want to be sure your not taking this personal and because thats not how I meant it. I have nothing against you at all and I appreciate you trying to help.

TrustedImages

I didn't take it personal. Trust me I get yelled at daily. Like I said my manager gives me the people to call back that have issues with other reps. I am truly truly sorry you had problems. I hate for anyone to have problems. No one babies their customers quite the way I do. There isn't anything I could do to change your situation. That's not what I was trying to do. (unless you wanted me to) I was just trying to offer you an honest explanation of what happened. You seemed to be a little unsure of exactly what happened. If I knew the reps involved etc I could offer you a little more insight. That was all I meant.

Flame

For Pete's sake. Mis-orders happen all the time, no matter who you use. If you were MORE PREPARED, and gave yourself more time.... you wouldn't run into such issues!

I personally have had ups and downs with SW... but for the most part I've been happy with their service. I don't really need materials from them anymore, as I have someone local for ink and they don't carry the materials I mostly use... but from time to time I will get something and it's just like ordering from anywhere else. No better, no worse.

They're just a company, not the "bad guy" of the sign industry. Give 'em a break.

The Sign Dude

Ive talk to quite a lot of people that have had similar problems with them. It was not a shipping problem it was a lie. You may be ok with people telling you lies but I dont care much for it.

I think that Trust and I were doing pretty good getting this worked out on our own. IT seems you like to put a controversial twist on posts but I dont think this is a subject you can add anything to. Not getting your $60 worth of ink isnt quite as bad as not getting a couple thousand dollars worth of software.

Flame

Ive talk to quite a lot of people that have had similar problems with them. It was not a shipping problem it was a lie. You may be ok with people telling you lies but I dont care much for it.

I think that Trust and I were doing pretty good getting this worked out on our own. IT seems you like to put a controversial twist on posts but I dont think this is a subject you can add anything to. Not getting your $60 worth of ink isnt quite as bad as not getting a couple thousand dollars worth of software.

Controversial twist? This is a public thread, so expect the thread to be commented on!!!

I gave my $0.02, and you think I'm against you. I'm not one of those "scary" SW employees on here, I'm just a self employed graphics dude who has had many dealings with SW.

The Sign Dude

dont get so bent out of shape, I never said you were against me. I know its partly my fault for the way things went. I mean I did actually look up their number on the net and call them so I guess that makes it my fault right. LOL

Flame

Now I am just confused........

Time for a :wine-smi: !!!

um.... nm........... too tart. Maybe a :beer

Yeah.....

That's better.