• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet error - E071 Err PF Current

zooter96

I am getting this error continuously when trying to print on heavier media (13 oz banner, etc). I've printed 100's of ft on this media before without problem, but now I can't go more than 5 ft without this error popping up and the printer stopping.

According to the service manual it is 'an Overload condition in PF motor (X-axis) during printer operation'. Unfortunately my dealer (Mondrian Hall) does not like to return service calls, so I can't talk to a tech.

Any idea why the PF motor would overload now and not before?

Thx.

zooter96

How heavy it is the Roll ?
What VJ model do you have ?

Its the 1604. I don't know the weight of the roll, but we even tried leaving slack out on the feed side, so the printer should have no difficulty pulling the media through. I did find that the vacuum suction was really strong once the media exited. Its 64" media. I even tried taping over a length of vacuum holes to reduce the suction - the next print went a few feet longer, but still errored.

MacDaddy

If it is not the weight of the media then remove the Left End Cap and Clean the PF Encoder Wheel, it tends to collect dust and filth and once dirty can produce this error... My money however is on the weight of the roll of media...

Had a similar problem on my vj 1204, the tech told us maybe some dust had collected on the encoder, we tried everything but nothing worked, in the end we had to open the motor and replace the bearings, after that it worked as new, but we only did that as our dealer here is not well equipped with replacement parts i wouldnt recomend opening the motor. better to check for dust on the encoder as suggested.

jiarby

1604 here, I get that now and then with a new roll of 64" Jetflex 13ox banner material.

We just make sure to roll off some slack until the roll is light enough.