• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet Headstrike

heyskull

I had a headstrike on our VJ1604 yesterday and after doing a test print have found some of the nozzles not firing!!
I have only once before had this trouble but after a couple of strong head cleans it sorted itself out.
I have left it over night and more nozzles are now firing but still not all of them.
Is it worth just waiting for them to come back online or is it adviseable for me to put the flushing cartridges in.

SC

Compilla

I had a headstrike on our VJ1604 yesterday and after doing a test print have found some of the nozzles not firing!!
I have only once before had this trouble but after a couple of strong head cleans it sorted itself out.
I have left it over night and more nozzles are now firing but still not all of them.
Is it worth just waiting for them to come back online or is it adviseable for me to put the flushing cartridges in.

SC

Try soaking the heads and clean, clean, clean & clean.

You should be able to get the nozzles back...( if the head has not been scratched or dented )

:thumb:

Last edited:

heyskull

Not to sound to dumb but how do I soak the heads.

To be honest we have had absolutley no problems with this machine since purchasing it over 13 months.

doug5222

Bring the Carriage out of the Maintenance Station. Fold a lint-free cloth so the resulting pad is just larger than the rubber rim of the cap in the Maintenance Station. Lay the pad over the cap rim. Break a cleaning cartridge apart, cut a corner off the bag & saturate the pad with the solvent cleaning fluid. Put the head in the high position and move the Carriage into the Maintenance Station. Put the head in the low position and allow the head to soak for an hour or so. After soaking, put the head in the high position and bring the Carriage out of the Maintenance Station. Remove the pad from the cap and put the Carriage back in the Maintenance Station. Do an Economy Clean and a Nozzle Check and evaluate. Some people have had to do several soaks to recover nozzles. Good luck!