• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet heater conked out

Flame

Hmmm, so it appears I have a heater problem with my Valuejet 1204. There is 3 heaters, correct? Well, only the final/post heater appears to be working.

Anyone had this problem before? Got ideas how to check this out, fix it or where on EARTH you'd buy heaters from????

edit------- ok, now I'm just confused. Rebooted printer and now the heaters working! I'm trying to troubleshoot why I get blotchy reds so am messing around with it. But still confused why it would just not work.

Never had to mess with heaters before............

CheapVehicleWrap

How many heaters do you set temps for? My 1614 has 3, imagine your 1204 would too. I've experienced similar a couple oftimes. I'm sure you've read the directions before, so being those people wrote the firmware as well; we should consider ourselves lucky the damn things ever worked at all. Sounds like you'll be fine. Even a toilet needs a good re-boot every one in while.

Flame

Happened twice tonight. grrrr.

Yes, 3 heaters. Crazy thing... time to give her a full freshening up too, so I'll probably be on here alot getting advice.

randya

First, make sure that your RIP heater settings are correct.

Second, I would set the same temps on the printer panel (for testing).

All three heaters are controlled separately, and all have their own thermocouples and relays.

It would seem unlikely that two thermocouples would flake out at the same time, but you can have the resistance checked on these.

The relays are soldered on a control board, but these could be checked individually as well.

Good luck!

gzolee

go to maintance menu and first point if i remember and check the heaters if not working open it and mess with a volt meter, if fails change the part if good maybe relay. Google how to mess heater