Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valuejet maintenance

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Valentino, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Valentino

Valentino Active Member

Jan 16, 2007
    ok, so now that I have my ValueJet and am printing with it, does anyone have maintenance tips.

I make sure to run my machine everyday. as per the mutoh rep I turn my machine off everynight as well, and always keep the head high when I print and low when it's off. I also always lift the media lever when I am not printing.

how often do I clean the printhead (or run the printhead cleaning cycle)?

how often do I clean the wiper?

where do I buy replacement parts, like the waste ink tank?

any info will help.

Tags:
  2. Checkers

Checkers Very Active Member

Jul 24, 2003
    The best tip I could give is...

READ THE MANUALS

The more you can learn about your tools, the more money they will make for you :)

Checkers

3. Compilla

Compilla Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    How often do you use the machine ?
    If you run your machine 8 hours a day you will need to clean it daily. If you run your machine for an hour a day you may need to clean it once or twice a week. Maintenence it is very important and can prevent some parts from pre-mature failure.

For parts contact your dealer or Mutoh.

Just my .02 cents from the world of color.

And remember your MANUAL it is your best friend.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

4. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Valentino.....Think of it this way. What would you rather do 10-15 minutes a day to clean your printer or pay thousands to have your heads and other parts replaced. We clean are printers at least once a day twice when we print anything over 1,000sq. ft. a day, thats almost everyday.
    Your printer had to come with a manual.