Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

valuejet maintenance

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by postnetnc133, Sep 26, 2012.

1. postnetnc133

postnetnc133 Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Looking for help.

1. how do I go about finding a technician able to work on our mutoh if we didnt buy from a local dealer? I went to mutoh.com and in my area (Charlotte, NC) I am told there is only fellers in the area everyone else is too far.

2. I purchased some items from another print shop that closed and he also had a mutoh that was working when he closed but time got away and everything sat in storage for 3 yrs. He gave me the mutoh for nothing and I am hoping to bring this baby back to life.

I am not familair with working on mutoh or solvent printers. I have a canon 8400 which we have had for 7-8 yrs and this thing never needs work but I know solvent inks work differently.

Is this something I can possibly do myself or better to get a tech involved?

Tags:
  2. Jim Doggett

Jim Doggett Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2008
  3. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    I am guessing you got a 1204? If so, and if it is has sat for 3 years without being properly flushed for long-term storage, I would expect you'll likely need to replace everything in the ink train. (Maintenance station, head, dampers and ink lines.) Parts alone will likely be around $2500-$3000 - less a tech.

However, re-building shouldn't be too bad if you are mechanically inclined. Plus, it would give you a good education and plenty of experience to service and maintain yourself in the future.