• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

valuejet maintenance

postnetnc133

Looking for help.

1. how do I go about finding a technician able to work on our mutoh if we didnt buy from a local dealer? I went to mutoh.com and in my area (Charlotte, NC) I am told there is only fellers in the area everyone else is too far.

2. I purchased some items from another print shop that closed and he also had a mutoh that was working when he closed but time got away and everything sat in storage for 3 yrs. He gave me the mutoh for nothing and I am hoping to bring this baby back to life.

I am not familair with working on mutoh or solvent printers. I have a canon 8400 which we have had for 7-8 yrs and this thing never needs work but I know solvent inks work differently.

Is this something I can possibly do myself or better to get a tech involved?

FatCat

I am guessing you got a 1204? If so, and if it is has sat for 3 years without being properly flushed for long-term storage, I would expect you'll likely need to replace everything in the ink train. (Maintenance station, head, dampers and ink lines.) Parts alone will likely be around $2500-$3000 - less a tech.

However, re-building shouldn't be too bad if you are mechanically inclined. Plus, it would give you a good education and plenty of experience to service and maintain yourself in the future.