Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ValueJet Media Types?

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Idea Design, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Idea Design

Idea Design Very Active Member

Jul 12, 2005
    So I finally took the leap and got hooked up with a Mutoh ValueJet 1204, Graphtec FC7000-130, and a 53" Laminator...

I'm a big Oracal fan, so I bought a 51" roll of 3651, a 50" roll of 3951, and a 50" roll of OraGuard 290 cast lam... I've been to oracal.com and dl'd profiles for flexi 8.5 for both.

Enough about that. When all is said and done after setting up this machine and you load the media roll, on the control panel it wants to set the media type. There are 30 choices but they are simple called Media 1, Media 2, etc.

I've looked and looked and cannot find a definition table saying what each of these 30 different media types represent?

Tags:
  2. Bradster941

Bradster941 Very Active Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Media set up is done in Flexi Production Manager.

3. DRPSignsNGrafix

DRPSignsNGrafix Very Active Member

U have to set them up, then keep a list by printer of what you made each one.

4. rcboats1

rcboats1 Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Select Media Type 1 on the control pannel. Your RIP will do the rest.

5. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    You should set up Page Feed adjusts for each media type.
    I.e. Media 1 for vinyl, Media 2 for banner, etc.

You will need one for each type of media that has a different feed rate.

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/27/