• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet....no waste ink?!??

Signsforwhile

Have a Valuejet 1204...

Just got the message to swap out waste pads.....but when i pulled out the tray i noticed that there was barely any ink collected on the pads......? This isn't normal is it?

:help

Idea Design

Mine were soaked to the bone when I first got that message...if you put the waste container back in the machine, it'll ask if new or not. Just tell it 'new' and go about your business.

You'll know it when they need changed.

Idea Design

I used almost two full sets of C,M,Y, & K before I decided to change the pads cuz they were soaked.

How deep into ink are you on the pads that are in there now?

randya

Depends on how much the machine is used and if you are 'spitting' on the media or the spitton pad.

There is not a lot of ink used during cleaning.

The 'change' flag is based on the number of pump cycles, so if these are far enough apart and you have a relatively dry shop environment, much of the solvent will evaporate.

This all assumes that you keep the printhead clean and the capping station seal in good order.

If the print head and capping station dont seal, you wont pull ink through the system.

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/95/

randya

You can put a syringe on the drain tubes and make sure you can pull a good vacuum.

That may be a bit challanging on the 1204, but perhaps someone could walk you through that.

The capping station is a consumable and probably needs replacement every 18-36 months.

The seal is actually a little rubber raised area on the cap, where the head sits when not printing.

It is critical to keep the seal clean, and the stainless steel ring around the bottom of the head clean as well.