Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ValueJet Prints are grainy after head replacement

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by michaave, Jun 7, 2010.

1. michaave

michaave New Member

May 14, 2010
    Ohio, United States
    A repairman from GEI CalGraph came to swap out the print head on our ValueJet 1204 Printer. After _hours_ of working on it, he punctured a damper and said he didn't have another one to fix it with. He put the new print head in, and left without calibrating it. Instead of dealing with the nightmare that is our local repairman, I'd like to do these calibrations on my own.

The grainy texture to the print is visible primarily in light colors. It looks a bit like a stereogram. I've tried all the print effects, and even on S.Fine & Wave 1 (or 2) it has this grainy appearance. It wasn't like this before, even when the print head had clogged nozzles...

Does anybody know what calibrations I need to make, and how to make them?

2. michaave

michaave New Member

May 14, 2010
    Ohio, United States
    Oh and BTW, I've fixed the damper problem.

3. henryp

henryp Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Sydney Australia
    You need to perform Head Slant, Uni-D and Bi-D print adjustments

4. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Wow, I would make a call to their office and explain what happened. (Unless this person is a solo-freelance type printer repair guy.) If the repairman caused the punctured damper he should be responsible to replace it. Also, not aligning the print head??? WTH!?!?!

Not to stir the pot, but if you could, please PM me about who you used and where they were from. I want to make sure I don't ever make the mistake of using them.

5. michaave

michaave New Member

May 14, 2010
    Ohio, United States
    Just a guy at GEI Calgraph. They're making things as right as they can be, only charging us for the work that was done correctly, and allowing us to fix our problem ourselves.

6. michaave

michaave New Member

May 14, 2010
    Ohio, United States
    I got a maintenance manual, and I'm up and running again. Thanks everybody!