• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueJet USB Driver

Compilla

I need to know if there is anyone out there using the USB driver on a VJ. And if you have it can you please tell me where can I get the driver?

I know Mutoh says that does not work but I heard people in Europe using it.

Thanks!!

Valentino

i'll stick to my nic card. every printer....runs at usb 1.0 with transfer at 12mb/s, and i'm sure networking is 100mb/s.

Valentino

yeah i will not make the jump to vista, yuck, talk about a poor product.

least microsoft gives free updates.

randya

It is not supported but I got it to work on USB. I had nothing but issues running Flexi 8.5 on Vista, printer stalling 20% throught all the jobs.

So far We printed 2 banners with no issues at all!!!

So glad this works!

Please keep me posted on this, you can post here or pm me.

Please also tell me how you got the USB driver and installed.

randya

PM sent RandyA..

Compilla is using the USB driver for the Drafstation.
Also known as the Mutoh RJ900.

The Drafstation is a CAD printer using the same head technology as the ValueJets, but is set up for aqueous ink and has no heaters.

The USB ports on ValueJets are from the Drafstation's motherboard design.

Firmware is very different between the ValueJets and Drafstations, so I am surprised that this works, and could be rendered useless or uncontrollable with future firmware updates (or could actually become an officially supported port).

I am hoping that these are the Window's USB drivers for the RJ900

http://www.mutoh.be/page.aspx/152

...As always should any of your team be caught or killed the secretary will disavoy any knowledge of your action.

randya

I doubt that SAI is the only one having issues with Vista, my understanding is that Vista upgrades and releases have been part of the problem.

Apparently, software manufacturers are trying to hit a moving target and that is causing a problem.

Yes I am. Will keep you posted if I have any issues. Hope that they fix the bugs on the Sai Rip vs Vista soon.

I'm glad to here I'm not the only one using USB.. Not only am I using USB but I'm using WIRELESS USB!! Vista is a nightmare and I'm ready to through this operating system right in the trash. Had the same issues as you and now one could help me. SAI supposedly fixed the issue and re released Flexi 8.5 witch I have but I have not installed it on my Vista machine yet. That will be next.

The only issues with using the wireless USB is if the signal gets low like it did today. (only 3 bars instead of 4) than I get the 20% and fail thing only it keeps printing at a snails pace until I stop the print.

So far so good though. I've been Running my Mutoh and Graph-tech on the WUSB for about a month now. :rolleyes:

Color Dude

Compilla:

I cant believe your using the USB port on that printer. Have you possibly checked the onboard RAM on the motherboard to make sure it is operating correctly. Those printers are suppose to have 512mb of onboard RAM, although I have found that some that I have worked on only have 128mb. So if that printer has 128mb onboard and your using Vista (yuck) and your getting printer stall, I would be getting ahold of Mutoh and asking for the correct amount of RAM. I have replace 4 motherboards on the 1204's and have seen this 2 times. Unless things have changed lately I would definately check it out.

Color Dude

Its amazing when you go to find the very detailed spec sheet for the VJ's it disappears. Valentino, it is possible that Mutoh did go back with the 128 sticks for those printers, but I do know that when it came out a couple years back it had 512 onboard, or atleast that what I was being told.

RandyA would be better to answer that question now. I am sure if he reads this post he will straighten out any misunderstandings.

I still wouldnt be using a USB port for printing. My Old SP-300 connectivity is a pain in the a** when doing those high MB jobs that are to small to put on the 64" VJ.

OH well, I am very interested to see what comes of this post.

Compilla

Color Dude,

I had no other choice, New Vista machine,AMD Phenom 9600 Agena 2.3GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 2 Gig on Ram.
Uninstall all security programs. SAi came out with a patch but it did created another problem.

As soon as they the all the bugs fixed I'll be back to the crossover cable.

randya

The only specs that I can find, show 128 for onboard memory.

The printer only uses a portion of that for data (image buffering), sorry, but I dont know how much.

MacDaddy

VJ 1204/1604 USB Driver

While it is not recommended by Mutoh, I have used it on many installations to get around the "stepping issue" presented when using Windows Vista coupled with Flexi 8.5. It seems to work fine for now but could be rendered useless with any firmare upgrade... I have the file and all SAi patches designed to correct the issue if anyone needs them...