• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueJet Waste Fluid Box

Print-Kwik

ValueJet Owners where are you getting your waste fluid boxes? The local guy here says it's $97 for one & Signwarehose sales doesn't have them in the system.

Seems a bit pricey for a sponge & some plastic. Guess they gotta make up for the low sales price.

OldPaint

VALUE JET.....i thought it was a post about toilet boxes from a VALUE JET aircraft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DUMMY ME....)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

John Butto

absorbant napkins

Keep the plastic box and replace the sponges with layers of sanitary napkins. They worked in my Epsons and my Mutoh.

Print-Kwik

Keep the plastic box and replace the sponges with layers of sanitary napkins. They worked in my Epsons and my Mutoh.

It felt a little odd buying them, but it works just fine :thankyou:

FYI: it takes 6 regulars, so buy the thicker ones... without the wings...

Matt Cuellar

The replacement pads are $18 for a full set. Take out the old ones, clean out the waste tray with soap water, put the new ones in...Cheap!

Matt

Arstron

Be careful with putting in to many, I was told to do this by a sign warehouse tech and we put in to many, some of the pads touched the top after they got the fluid in them, which ate the plastic and stuck the pads to it like glue.

Where can you get the replacment pad sets at?

ChicagoGraphics

How come alot of people try to go the cheap route on printer parts then to buy the real thing? Don't you know it will probably cost much more when them tampons/kotex screw up your heads?

Neil

Yeah be careful going for those after market pads.
Anything non genuine OEM will void your warranty ya know.

:Big Laugh

Print-Kwik

I wouldn't need to use these aftermarket pads if just one of the FIVE mutoh dealers I called would actually sell me the correct ones...

kirkbedtelyon

I thought about using the sanitary napkins but did not want to take a chance on my printer not sensing when the ink tray was full. Somehow visions of ink dripping down the side of my printer and onto the floor didn't set well with me.

I ordered a couple sets (3pcs) of the ValueJet waste tray felt at Calgraph.
(800) 842-8448. Calgraph is the "official" service company for Mutoh printers.

Here's what you need:

(2) Absorbent Pad "A", Part #: DF-48555
(1) Absorbent Pad "B", Part #: DF-48556

These pads cost $6/each for a total of $18.

I'd be interested in knowing if the sanitary napkins work. Just didn't want to take the chance.

Best to all...

Kirk

Print-Kwik

Yes, the napkins worked, but I now have the proper pads back in the machine. It surprised me how long it took to get someone to send them to me. Calgraph tried telling me I need to buy the try also for $100.

kirkbedtelyon

I think Mutoh dealers were caught with there pants down on this one. I don't think they realized all the calls they'd be getting for these. Didn't take long for my tray to fill up!

f3rri

I stock them but fo the femanine route....

I prefer Stayfree advancedWith DRYTECH SYSTEMTM, ideal for heavy digital printing
• Extra absorbency—Absorbs 33% more than original
STAYFREE®
• Dry Shield Layer—Designed to keep your heads drier
• Active Odor Prevention—Actively prevents and neutralizes
odor
• Plus, STAYFREE® Advanced Protection has:
• SNUG—FIT SHAPETM designed to prevent leaks

ghetto_cowboy

I stock them but fo the femanine route....

I prefer Stayfree advancedWith DRYTECH SYSTEMTM, ideal for heavy digital printing
• Extra absorbency—Absorbs 33% more than original
STAYFREE®
• Dry Shield Layer—Designed to keep your heads drier
• Active Odor Prevention—Actively prevents and neutralizes
odor
• Plus, STAYFREE® Advanced Protection has:
• SNUG—FIT SHAPETM designed to prevent leaks

rofl