• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

valuejet1604

hockey72000

Hi, have joined this forum for some help with my printer. I have had the head changed on my printer recently and then flexi sign 8 died and had problems reinstalling it. Now I have flexi up and running, I did a test print on 760mm vinyl in the middle of the machine. The results were amazing so put in the 1370mm banner in for a job. That banner printed with a 4 colour streak, 1 on the left and 1 on the right. Almost like a rainbow. I have tried different files, different medias and different profiles but with no joy.
Has anyone else seen or no about this issue? Any help would be much appreciated. Have tried to upload a picture!
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20131108_182106.jpg
    IMG_20131108_182106.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 102

heyskull

I would guess a dirty encoder strip.
I cleaned the strip on our 1604 and it sems to be running OK again.
Clean gently with isopropyl alcohol and a lint free cloth.

SC

LEGEND

I would guess a dirty encoder strip.
I cleaned the strip on our 1604 and it sems to be running OK again.
Clean gently with isopropyl alcohol and a lint free cloth.

SC

Usually this fixes it for me too when we have funky lines on our prints.

hockey72000

Thank you both for your replies. I have cleaned the clear disc on the very left hand side of the printer carefully but this has not solved the problem? Is there anything else you think I should try? Is this the encoder strip. Sorry but my colleague who normally would deal with the maintenance has gone away for 8 weeks so its down to me. Thanks again for your help.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Thank you both for your replies. I have cleaned the clear disc on the very left hand side of the printer carefully but this has not solved the problem? Is there anything else you think I should try? Is this the encoder strip. Sorry but my colleague who normally would deal with the maintenance has gone away for 8 weeks so its down to me. Thanks again for your help.
The one you cleaned is the PF Motor encoder disk. This effects the material feed rate under the head.
The CR encoder strip is the clear looking plastic strip that sits behind the head carriage running horizontally the length of the print area. This effects the tracking of the head. It is the one that causes the most issues as it is exposed to the ink overspray.
I can send you the service manual for the 1604 if you do not have one - need an email address. It has the info you need to clean and maintain the printer.

wayne k
guam usa

hockey72000

Hi GAC05. That would be excellent if you could. Will PM you my email.

I cleaned the disc on far left as stated, the metal strip that run the length of the carriage and the smaller clear strip just above. The problem area seems to be in the same place each time no matter what the artwork.
Here is the latest image of the colour bands running vertically.

Really appreciate every ones help

Attachments

• IMG_20131112_085703.jpg
    IMG_20131112_085703.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 104
Hi GAC05. That would be excellent if you could. Will PM you my email.

I cleaned the disc on far left as stated, the metal strip that run the length of the carriage and the smaller clear strip just above. The problem area seems to be in the same place each time no matter what the artwork.
Here is the latest image of the colour bands running vertically.

Really appreciate every ones help
you mention that you change your head before try to fix the cables firmly to the slot of your head and even in the headboard including all 3 long cables that goes thru the mainboard