• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

valujet 1204 E067 error (pf encoder)

steviediff

Hi All,

Looking for advice on this one,

I've just fixed a F2 head fuse on my vj1204, thought i was up and running again! but it seems not ....

I have a E067 error, before It appeared i cleaned the pf encoder with
alchohol solution, has this possibly damaged it and given me the error problem?

I have cleaned it before without causing any problems??

Awe man is this thing going to print again?

steviediff

No further forward !

I've changed the pf encoder so it's not that.
The pf sensor has a red beam on so i don't think that.
The motor does a 1/2 turn when switch on so i don't think its that. I mean it only went wrong when i cleaned the encoder....

Please help !!

FatCat

Just had a similar problem with my 1204. Turned out the Encoder sensor on the head carriage that reads the encoder strip was to blame. The clear covering on the "eye" had turned cloudy (probably from ink overspray or possibly cleaning solution getting on it) and once I replaced it was good to go. Something you can't see without removing the sensor entirely. Take it off and have a look - should be crystal clear, not cloudy or misted with ink.

steviediff

hi fatcat,

were you getting a PF encoder fault even though the problem was with the CR encoder?
I've replaced the PF encoder and still nothing !

Last edited:

FatCat

I apologize, my problem was the CR encoder not the PF encoder. However, I was still getting the E067 error, which I know can be a "catch-all" on these VJ machines.

*Remember there is also a sensor on the encoder wheel as well. Please double check that the "eye" on this sensor is not cloudy or discolored from when you cleaned it. (It is difficult to see without removing it from the machine and using a light.) Also, when you cleaned the PF encoder did you notice it changed in color/clarity or became cloudy?

steviediff

yes, i changed the PF sensor that reads the encoder wheel and also the encoder wheel.
good to know it could also be the cr encoder, i'll have a look at that, looks a bit of a job getting into that!

steviediff

Problem Solved!

Replaced the PF encoder but didn't put on the little white cap that holds the encoder disc from the reader.
So put the cap on and away it went!!

cleaned the CR encoder, it was filthy!

Think i'm now qualified on all things encoder now!!

Thanks for the advice Sean

FatCat

Problem Solved!

Replaced the PF encoder but didn't put on the little white cap that holds the encoder disc from the reader.
So put the cap on and away it went!!

cleaned the CR encoder, it was filthy!

Think i'm now qualified on all things encoder now!!

Thanks for the advice Sean

Lol, glad I could help. :Welcome:

These machines seem complicated at first, but all it takes is getting your hands dirty a few times to learn there really isn't much to them.

Keep your encoder, rails, head and maintenance station/lines as clean as possible. This is usually the cause of most common problems I see on here.

Good luck!