• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valujet 1614 - how to make it work again ?

ivofotev

work hard
Hi to all Mutoh users. 3 days ago I changed the capping station on my old Mutoh and decided "not clever I think now" to do an ink charge, to make the capping pull a good amount of ink through the system >!?! After a couple of minutes and a lot of ink, being pulled though I became afraid of loosing more than a 2 full carts I switched the printer off from the cable. After I plugged it back on, It did subtank refill and the problems start. The nozzle check showed no black....couple of cleanings, no change. I called a tech who advised to switch the blank and cyan channel to eliminate ink flow problem. I did that the cyan has gone. Later I did a VERY CAREFUL head flush with cleaning solution ONLY TO BLACK AND CYAN CHANNELS. After that I did a little charge.....this time the magenta channel was gone with only a few nozzles on each CMK and yellow full. After some strong cleanings the half of yellow was out. I'm very frustrated at this point, and want ti know how I did this stupidity of destroying the printer, and are there any sensible steps to recover it ? Thanks in advance !

ivofotev

work hard
the entire station. it was some OEM part, with not a good wiper and something I didn`t liked in the cap top too,so I used the old ones. The pump has gone faulty in the old maintenance station, so I think I can use the original wiper and cap, because the new maintenance station wasn't working as expected. It actually did clog some of the nozzles after cleaning, but when You start printing, all came back on and ran well. the rubber seal on the capping is rather low actually, so this is a point to start with not having a good vacuum ??!!? but it printed well after all....all became wrong after those INK CHARGES i stopped while processing...:(

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It sounds like there is either a ton of air in the lines or the maintenance station is malfunctioning or not lining up with the head as it should. The sub tanks filled without error so that mean the cartridges are supplying ink properly. There might be a problem between the sub tanks and the head such as a bad damper or broken ink line. Take the covers off and inspect the ink line. If you see air anywhere in the system, there is a leak that needs to be fixed or a cartridge went empty without flagging the printer.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Also, it sounds like you may have received a non-oem station if the wiper and cap top didn't look right. Can you post a picture of it?