• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Van graphics pricing in the ballpark?

MtnView

I know input will be subjective according to what part of the country you are in. We have done smaller jobs but this will be the first job of this size. I have two vans to do and of course they are not the same year so graphics dimensions on both will be different. This will entail 3 colors of cut vinyl and not a printed wrap on 3 sides as well as the hood. The side windows and back windows will be covered in window perf not printed but still laminated. Customer wants cut vinyl on the windows for the graphics portion to maintain a consistent color. I quoted the customer $1075 per van (includes graphics time). Is this a fair price or is it too high?
WALVAN.jpg

MtnView

I would NOT laminate the window perf, unless the customer doesn't want to be able to see out of it....

I have heard arguments both ways on the window perf laminating issue. If it isn't laminated seems like the holes will fill with dust and debris and they still won't be able to see out of it. I'm not completely committed to lamination. Still curious how my pricing is though.

MtnView

Any dimensions for one of the vans? what material are you using for the cut vinyl?

Left the office and at the house now but I believe the total van length of the 2010 model is 202" and width approx 77". Will be using Avery SC900 for the cut vinyl.

Flame

I would NOT laminate the window perf, unless the customer doesn't want to be able to see out of it....

Well if he's in a rainy area, any day it gets wet you won't be able to see out of it PERIOD. So pick your poison, I lam my perf here.

As far as pricing, I'd say you're right in the ballpark. If you feel comfortable with it and you know your overhead....pull the trigger.

MtnView

I would have asked $800. Great layout and no I would not perf the windows. I do not like perforated

My first layout and quote of $850 did not have the window perf but the client wants the windows covered. I think since they are transporting flowers and arrangements they want to attempt to keep the sun off the plants.

Jackpine

If the customer wants perf just explain it and put it on and charge for it. I would laminate it with optical
clear and seal the edges.

"My first layout and quote of $850 did not have the window perf but the client wants the windows covered."

Jackpine

Fellers sells a roll of 1" optical clear laminate for this purpose.
[QUOTEMtnView;1114754]Any recommended videos on sealing the edges?[/QUOTE]

MtnView

Thanks everyone for the information. The rear window has some curve to it. Will Orajet 3675 work with curves?