• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Van island newbie

Wild2cpl

I've always been Intrested in graphic arts. I have been air brushing as a hobby for about 5 years now(a few real paying jobs :clapping: ) and really enjoying it. I volunteer for rotary and the local united way and make all there signs . So I bought a piece of $&@? China built plotter thinking it would save me time making stencils but I spend more time working on the getting the thing to run and it just ends up frustrating me.
I'm going to spend a little more money and buy a better plotter obut I would like the ability to print on the vinyl as well. Maybe turn this into a side business :supersmilie: .
So all your info or advise on plotters ,airbrushing or sign making is welcome. My budget for a plotter/printer is in the $2000-3000 range . I don't mind buying used as long as it was cared for .
My other hobby is rebuilding old cars . I have a 47 dodge coupe , 52 ford f8 truck and a triumph tr4 .

Craig Sjoquist

Welcome to a outstanding Signs 101 & people

With $2,000 a good 24" cutter can be had

Take the rest buy software & books on advertising design.. like Mike Stevens Mastering Layout

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK.

Printers need to be used or they become a repair nightmare. You're better off farming out the prints until you do something with it beyond a hobby.

Wild2cpl

I airbrush almost every day it's time consuming to hand cut all my stencils and would be to expensive to run down to the vinyl shop everyday. I think it would be utilized a fare bit. I use the china built unit buT it was never a very clean cut and always have to clean up the stencil by hand after weeding it .

Salmoneye

Are you doing mostly indoor stuff? I know that there are some aqueous printers to be had very inexpensively that also don't require the level of maintenance. Media will cost you a little more but if your volume is small it won't matter much. You won't find a traditional print cut solution within your budget I am afraid.