• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Van's

DigiPrinter

Anyone know who the national manufacturer is for Van's? We have a new store coming and I'd like to call on for the installation.

Thanks!

These guys have done a couple stores for Vans. Maybe you could call them and see how they got involved. A lot of times it involves getting on a vendor list. Sometimes you have to pay to be on that list. A lot of times they send out people to make sure you can do the things you say you can do. There is a lot of vetting in some cases. You could also just call corporate headquarters for Van's stores and go through the normal channels.

rjssigns

By the time you hear about a major entity building a store the sign work has been done. Many formula stores work with a single source vendor for those products. They want consistency and a single point of contact.

Heck, a sign shop 10 minutes from me goes all over the U.S. for installs.

Only thing you may get called to do is the construction site signs and banners.(got called a couple times, almost got to do them...lol)

Pat Whatley

I don't know. Seems like most of the franchise type places that come here use local installers. Prints and signs all come from one source but installation is handled on a local level.

DirtyD

Yes, in "most" cases only the install "which the op stated he wanted" will go to local sign companies. The fabrication and printing goes to a National Sign Company that can handle a project of 500 or more stores and that National Company subs the installs out. Same with Service work. It's just getting on the National Sign Companies vendor list.. But if your lucky enough you could get on the actual stores list with persistence.

The only time that it's usually different is when your working with franchise companies and those franchisees can go with whomever they want

Kwiksigns

wookie
we have gotten a few through signsearch but, some companies don't pay, which is why they use websites like that. They find someone new to do each install because they dont want to pay. Fortunately, we have gotten money from all of the companies we have done work with but one took over 9 months and a bunch of hoops. They will never pay you upfront either, so if you want to wait 6 months for your money, I'd say go for it.