• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vantablack

Dan360

This stuff is pretty damn cool, absorbs like 99.9% light and made with carbon nanotubes. They made it into a sprayable paint, I wonder if 3M and friends have been in talks with them to one day bring it to the vinyl world. I could only imagine the cost though.

https://www.surreynanosystems.com/vantablack

Snag_8d81384-796x405.png

It's not even a paint job it's a process of converting a vapor into the vantablack material directly onto the substrate or object. They call it growing the vantablack on the object.

Also in order to make it the substrate it's going on has to have a melting point above 450F so vinyl is probably out of the question. A foil lined vinyl might be possible if they can put the vantablack on the foil first and then mount the foil to the vinyl. But not going to be a wrap material that's for sure.

rjssigns

Absorbs 99.9% of available light. Just gave a lecture about additive/subtractive colors and why you don't wear black in the middle of August.

If you could wrap a vehicle it would become a rolling oven.

The material also has a better ability than standard paint to dissipate the radiation once absorbed. The material would most likely be cooler then normal paint in the sun. Black cars that don't heat up as much.