• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Variable data field

Wayne

Probably something very simple, but I have a problem with a variable data field.

I'm using Versaworks rip software I am using a excel spreadsheet to enter a large volume of data in to plant labels of all things.

The problem is I cannot get the text to word wrap inside the variable data field, I get one really long sentance which cannot display.

Does anyone know of an option or sequence that I have failed to notice that will allow the text to word warp?

Wayne

56 views and no answer, this is trickier than I thought, enquires to Roland appear to have fallen on deaf ears. Is it a case that I have phrased my question incorrectly?

Using the Versa works variable data function I am unable to have a text box with a large amount of text display in a usable fashion.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It seems to me that two things are at work.

1. It very likely that there are very few members who have ever attempted what you are trying to do.

2. You have selected a forum category that may be ignored by the members you seek. A better choice might be the Roland forum or the RIP software forum. Would you like the thread moved?

iSign

Probably something very simple, but I have a problem with a variable data field.

I'm using Versaworks rip software I am using a excel spreadsheet to enter a large volume of data in to plant labels of all things.

The problem is I cannot get the text to word wrap inside the variable data field, I get one really long sentance which cannot display.

Does anyone know of an option or sequence that I have failed to notice that will allow the text to word warp?

well, I don't own a Roland & never saw Versa works...

but it sounds like the problem is taking place during data entry in excel right?

you say that is where you enter the data & then you say that is where it won't wrap.. so am I right that this is more of an excel question?

I think you should word it in a more complete manner... when & how do you export or import & what & how are you printing... there may be more ways to solve this that someone can suggest if we really get the whole story...

Skye

screen shot

send me a screen shot of the file in corel/illy and a screen shot of it in vw when you are in settings/variable data section.
i will let you know what is wrong.
do this all day long.

skye