• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Variable data on 2 lines?

J

john1

Hey guys, Have a customer who wants like 50 different sayings on some labels for some PVC pipes.

Some of the sayings are like 5 words and i want to split them up into 2 lines so make the text size larger.

In versaworks, It will only auto size 1 line and not break it into 2 lines.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks!

rubo

If I remember correctly - it's been a while - import your text as an image then do your variable data processing ( out of Excel spread?)
Away from the comp, can't look it up right now but pretty sure that's how it worked. Good luck!

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to insert a carriage return or line break with the text?

In Javascript and many of text formats \n is a linebreak in Visual Basic it's vbCrLf.

Just an idea, I don't have or use Versaworks but it's something you can look up or try. Depending on how the text is handled a \n may just work.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
An MS Excell saved as a "tab delimited" text file, or a MS Word tabbed document saved as a text file (or plain text file, tabbed) document will accomplish this if your design program has a serialization option. Using the tab key places the next portion of text onto the next corresponding line.

If you're using Excel, whatever is typed in the "A" cell goes in the first line, whatever is typed in the "B" cell goes on the second line, and so on...

Example:

Bill Jones (tab) 1999 (tab) Man of the Year will result in:

Bill Jones
Man of the Year

You may have to edit specific typeface sizes once imported into your design program.

JB