Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Varying pressure on CummaCut D-60U

Discussion in 'CNC Routing & Laser Cutting' started by Ideal Advertising Inc., Feb 26, 2019.

1. Ideal Advertising Inc.

Ideal Advertising Inc. New Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Minnesota
    I cannot get the pressure right on my plotter. It seems to change pressure throughout the job, so it will cut the outside of an "O" no problem, but then the inside of the same "O" will be barely even scored. We just ran a test cut that sampled all shapes, big letters, and small letters; It did okay on the shapes but the letters weren't cut all the way through. Then we sent the job with those same settings and it just destroyed everything, wayyy too much pressure. Is there a setting I'm unaware of, or is our plotter just down for the count? We just changed the blade last week because of the varying pressure issue, but now trying to get the correct pressure is extremely difficult when it keeps changing. Our plotter is the oldest piece of equipment in the shop, so I wouldn't be surprised if we need a new one, I'm just wondering if there is anything I can try before we resort to buying a new one...

2. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Have you checked the cutting strip?

3. Bert Wondervan

Bert Wondervan Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Germany
    Which software do you use for your cutter?