• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vector Art

jacklo322

Hello,

I am looking for a good place to find some Vector Arts. Can anyone recommend any good websites or CDs? I am on a tight budget. Looking for either freebies or inexpensive start up cost.

Thank you

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You might want to consider my site, ExpressClipart.com which specializes in single image downloads at a reasonable cost you can recapture in any job you need art for. We have more than 15,000 vinyl ready vector images and other digital art aimed at wide format printing.

jacklo322

Thank you Fred. I looked into it and it is a basic vector pictures. I am looking for a step above what you have to offer. Please don't take it the wrong way :0)

royster13

Huh?....You want "freebies or inexpensive" and say you want something a step up from Fred's....What the heck do you mean?......

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thank you Fred. I looked into it and it is a basic vector pictures. I am looking for a step above what you have to offer. Please don't take it the wrong way :0)

Clipart, by its nature, is simple and object oriented. I would suggest to you that our art offerings cover a wide range and can be dynamite in the hands of anyone with an imagination and an application capable of editing. Perhaps you're really looking for illustrations or perhaps you didn't look very long.

Keep us in mind when you need something. You will know within a minute or two if we have something suitable because all our images are keyworded so searching is fast and easy.

OldPaint

DRAW? hahahahahahahaaha, thats for dummies, hes way to smart to do that, that why he wants FREE VECTOR GRAPHICS....hahahahahahahahaa

OldPaint

does anyone remember the JACK-O-LOPE? his handle reminded me of it.hehehehehe

Attachments

• lope25.jpg
    lope25.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 66

schramm

Is it at all possible that the images offered are just not what he was looking for. I really like Freds stuff so dont get me wrong and I do have him bookmarked for future projects. With that said there is a ton of sites out there that give you free stuff but honestly who wants it? Almost 99.999% of the time the image will need to be 100% reworked. I use a lot of the ones like shutterstock, istockphoto, vectorstock and vector images as well. I own about 50 books with art in them and use elements all the time from them to re-draw new items.
I would agree from reading the post that started this he was looking for FREE as $4.95 for an image is nothing - I have paid as much as $75 for a font! The same ones that want everything for free are the same ones that ruin markets with there 1/2 a_s pricing trying to get the jobs.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Is it at all possible that the images offered are just not what he was looking for. I really like Freds stuff so dont get me wrong and I do have him bookmarked for future projects. With that said there is a ton of sites out there that give you free stuff but honestly who wants it? Almost 99.999% of the time the image will need to be 100% reworked. I use a lot of the ones like shutterstock, istockphoto, vectorstock and vector images as well. I own about 50 books with art in them and use elements all the time from them to re-draw new items.
I would agree from reading the post that started this he was looking for FREE as $4.95 for an image is nothing - I have paid as much as $75 for a font! The same ones that want everything for free are the same ones that ruin markets with there 1/2 a_s pricing trying to get the jobs.

When you consider that his post indicating my images were too basic for him followed my posting of the link to the site by one hour and twenty-one minutes, it seems to me doubtful that he spent much time looking. And he never indicated any specific image topic he was looking for ... only that it needed to be free or inexpensive.

For sure out of 18,000 images you will find more than a few are basic. But you will also find many that are well detailed and even complex.

As to prejudging his intentions and how he might operate his business, I think that's not a good thing to do. Part of why I operate this site is to impress on members the wisdom of intelligent pricing and business operation. It's a natural appeal kind of thing. When a potential low baller sees that he or she is leaving money on the table on a regular basis, the predictable reaction is to reconsider why they aren't getting better money our of their efforts.

About 99% of the images at Express Clipart are also available at FotoSearch.com. The only difference is we charge $4.95 and Fotosearch charges $25.00 for an image. And they do very well for us which is why we license to them. They didn't request a license from us because they thought our content was too basic.