• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vector picture of the earth

johnny_loves_amy

I was wondering has anyone has a vector picture of the earth? Not a cartoon one, but a real one. I have some trash trucks to do, and I need to blow the pic up really big to go on the side of them. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks and God Bless..

Johnny
Southern Style Sign & Graphix
:thankyou:

Bigdawg

Just Me
not sure what you need then... some of those were pretty realistic...

upload the raster image of what you are trying to find in vector :smile:

jiarby

Why don't you just build a big rocket and launch yourself into outer space and take your own! LOL

jiarby

yeah, seriously though....

go to nasa. They have some ginormous pix of the earth... after all, THEY took all of them!

Replicator

1. A vector image is a cartoon to a certain extent.

2. The images that Stacy linked to from iStock are truly amazing realistic quality and would most certainly enlarge on the side of a trash truck.

Infact they'll look better than the trash truck itself . . .

MilanoGuru

Why not use the Trace tool in Illustrator or Corel. Then Just choose High Quality Photo Trace. Then When its done Simplify the Paths so its not a multigig file. Good Luck Sir ;) if you need me to help ya email me i can walk ya through it.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This photo was licensed from NASA by the client. My recollection was that he paid NASA about $300 for the license. This photo shows one vehicle we rendered it on. In other uses, we have produced the graphic at just under 48 inches tall and the quality was stunning.

trakers

Why did he have to pay (again) for that image?
Obviously they are public domain since (we the public) paid to have the original images taken.

From the NASA site:
"Many NASA images and most film and video footage are in the public domain can be used for advertising purposes."

As far as a high quality image of the entire earth, there is one very hi-res version (not vector though) on the NASA web site, but I'll be damned if I can find it now. It prints at 54x54 just fine.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Why did he have to pay (again) for that image?
Obviously they are public domain since (we the public) paid to have the original images taken.

From the NASA site:
"Many NASA images and most film and video footage are in the public domain can be used for advertising purposes."

As far as a high quality image of the entire earth, there is one very hi-res version (not vector though) on the NASA web site, but I'll be damned if I can find it now. It prints at 54x54 just fine.

I am wondering that too...

we've used NASA images that were public domain too

Artildawn