• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vector templats of electronic devices

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
make your own and know they are correct IMO

Ditto. Invite all your buddies over for pizza with the stipulation that they bring all their electronic stuff.

While they're eating pizza and playing X-Box, take measurements and make good notes. A good CAD program could prove helpful.

System Error

Ditto. Invite all your buddies over for pizza with the stipulation that they bring all their electronic stuff.

While they're eating pizza and playing X-Box, take measurements and make good notes. A good CAD program could prove helpful.

Can you recommend a CAD program.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I'm partial to AutoCAD, but there are definitely cheaper programs for simple line layout. Perhaps others have something in mind.

Basically, you want a program that allows you to precisely draw lines, circles and other geometry. The ability to accurately trim and extend (and otherwise manipulate) those pieces of geometry is also helpful.

In most cases, a good sign program with those capabilities should work, but there are cases in which you may have to do some funky geometric constructions.

By far, the simplest method would be the use of paint mask. It's a very low tack vinyl intended for easy removal. Wrap the object and trim accordingly. Remove the mask and stick it to a piece of paper. Scan the layout and trace. It can't get much easier than that.

Last edited:

SignManiac

I reverse engineer mine. I make a latex mold of the device, then slice along the x and y axis, then flatten with a standard household iron. The mold is thick enough that you can trace around the six sides. If the parts are small, you can scan them, convert to a bitmap and then run Corel super trace on it. Then you have an exact 2 dimensional representation of the electronic device. Mix in you colors and there you have it! Piece O' Cake!!!