• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vectorizing Tips?

GRIMREAPER

Hi I've been doing decals for a while now but mostly stripes and other shapes with words and what not...simple stuff. I've got LXi 8 software which I am told is the same as Flexi and wanted to know how does one get a start on vectorizing with this software? Any tutorials out there or any tips? I'm going about it by just playing with the tools on this software but any pointers would be greatly apreciated. Thanks.:thumb:

Wildpony

Welcome to signs101, which version of LXi do you have? Yes, it is about the same as Flexi.(different options on turned on in different versions bewteen the two)
I started with LXi Expert and now use Flexi Pro 8.

GRIMREAPER

Thanks for the welcome. I use LXi 8 Master which I just upgraded to from an old version. Hopefully this is the software to use but if you guys recommend some other software in addition please let me know I'm all ears.

Any tutorials out there or any tips?

After a while many will develop their own methods - no one size fits all. Reading all you can about node editing in your software's help file will help. The best advice to you is make sure that you are comfortable, relaxed, and above all - patient.

Shovelhead

"decals" and/or "stickers" are gay....
no offense to anything gay.......

Attachments

• ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,griffin31.jpg
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,griffin31.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 81

BobM

The Vector Doctor, a merchant member here on 101. Quick, excellent work and very inexpensive.

auto accents sc

It depends on the image you are working with. You can use the auto trace tool. sometimes we scan a rough image in and use the bezier path tool and then clean that up sharpening corners and smoothing curves. it does require patience.

Edserv

Vectorizing Images

Hi- great question for the forum.
Our ops manager finally got frustrated enough with the whole "vectorizing" deal that he found a tutorial for Flexi 8.5 that showed him how to do the whole thing. So now he can vectorize most images really quickly.

I'll ask him to post the link to the tutorial.

From what I understand, Flexi 8.5 is the BOMB in design. I used to use Corel Draw and tried to learn the CS3 thing, but when he showed me how Flexi 8.5 could "mimic" most software programs, I was sold.

I was able to design our company sales contract in about 15 minutes. And he can vectorize logos in 10 to 15 minutes for simple to medium challenges.

I think you'll need to purchase Flexi Sign 8.5 or higher to do what you want to do, but I'll ask David to post back to this thread.

GRIMREAPER

Thanks for the input guys. I really need to get on the ball with this vecorizing can't be letting work go. Edserv that tutorial would be great hope you can post it. Looked into that Vector Magic software very helpful, thanks.