• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vectrix Aspire Users?

plantters

Hi, Using Aspire 4 here and love it, upgraded from VCarve pro an it was worth every penny

As for pasting a core vector into an existing project.......

Not something I have had a need to try before as I use Illustrator but the short answer seems to be no!

CDR is not a supported format

Supported vector formats are DXF, DW, EPS, AI, PDF

If you save the corel file to dxf you can import the vector without a issue

Hope that is of some help

Nigel

SignManiac

I guess that's one of the reasons I rarely using Aspire in my work. I can't for any reason see why the developers would not include CorelDraw support and include everything else. All design in my shop begins with Corel and then gets copy and pasted directly into ProfileLab. It eliminates unnecessary exporting and then importing. It's saves time, and time is money. Even seconds are valuable to me. It seems every program in the world allows copy and paste. So it irks me that Aspire may be a good program but they missed a huge feature as far as I'm concerned. I'm still relying on twelve year old software that was simple to work with then and still is today. Not everything new is better.

Z SIGNS

Every second counts

I find it strange they you cannot paste into Aspire also

But speaking of copy paste I recently discovered you can copy a sketch from Corel right into body of an email.
Turns your sketch into a low res png.

No need to publish to PDF save and attach when sending sketches.
Saves a little time disk space.
Try it you will like it.

Another time saver is keeping files sorted by date.
Tool paths are created in the office and then stored on a server.
When I go into the routing room to cut something the file is always on top.
No need to remember what the file is named and no need to look for it.

SignManiac

We've been saving by date too so that new files are always at the top. I've been using snagit for many years to screen capture my corel designs and paste into my emails. Two seconds and it's done. Anything I can do to help me complete my work faster, is always what I'm chasing after.