• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle Clipart

metrodave

I am looking for a clipart collection to buy or download that has for example 1970 Dodge Challenger rt package stripes
1968 Camaro SS stripes
It doesnt have to have the outline of the vehicle but it would help for installation purposes.
Anyone know where I can obtain a clipart package like this please let me know.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure, but you might wanna check out Fred's collections...... the head honcho around here. He has a ton of that kinda stuff for sale.

metrodave

James
That is exactly what I'm looking for but, I want to make them not buy them. I see where you are coming from if you would only get a request once in a while. I am starting to think one would have to go to GM or Chrysler to obtain these files. I'm only looking for muscle cars from the 60's and 70's you know something I would have driven as a teen. Thanks for your help and everyone else's.

J

Junkle

Here's a trick I use when I need exact specs on a stripe kit for older cars. I go to hobby shops (online and local) and I get a 1/24th plastic model kit of the car (usually $15.00 each)

From there I scan the decal sheet and digitize the graphics and rescale them. I've done about 7 cars like this and they all came out as close to perfect as you could get.

TopFliteGraphics

Nobody sells the vector files for these stripes. If you go to Chrysler to get them, they will not sell them to you until you become a licensed supplier. They have a "licensed reproduction" process that includes a flat licensing fee of $25K/year which is applied towards your licensed reproductions. That is one reason why the licensed stripes cost so much. Another reason is they have stopped issuing licenses for stripes because they "have enough vendors now."

I have reproduced many types of muscle car stripes (heavy on the Mopar side) and built up a decent following making quality, affordable, muscle car graphics. Generally, I buy NOS stripes when I can find them and either scan them or before i found someone that could scan such large files, I painstakingly copied them. My user name on many car forums is ChallengerGary - look me up