• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vehicle graphics digital media which do you prefer

shadi75

owner
Hi everyone, I just started my vehicle graphic business and i like your input. I really love this website every one has been very helpful even with there harsh comments :U Rock:.

I got a Roland VP 30 with eco sol max ink, i been using the orajet 3551 RA and 3951 Ra with the 290 laminate.

so far i like the orajet 3551 for vehicle side graphics its very easy to apply and its only .77 cent a sqft.

I haven't tried the other bubble free media like 3M, Avery, mac tac not sure what else is there that will last long , also i just had a sales rep tell me that avery MPI 1005 is better and easier to apply then the Orajet and few bucks cheaper, i been away from sign making for many years but i do remember preferring the Oracal .

i know its personal preference, i m not trying to promote any product just trying to get some feedback on what others prefer so i might try it. I read few other threads and many seem to like the orajet. I like to know why you prefer one media over the others the plus and the minus.

If there was a media product review thread i missed please let me know.

Also i might be able to buy flexisign 8.6 soon, should i even consider it or stick with versaworks, i really liked flexi when i used it 7 years ago.

thank you

Flame

I haven't tried everything but enough to say I really like Oracals entire product line. Just overall, good stable material.

I'd stick with Versa. I have Flexi and my hate for it has grown over the past 5 years of owning it. Every day, I hate it just a little more.

fmg

Arlon have good media for vehicles as well.
XRP6000 Series is good for rapp'n! and plus 1 on the Oracal products..All of them are good!

elsignshop

i use the 3951RA with the 290 laminate works good for me, i use the flexisign pro 8.6 i love it. have never use versa so cant compare

Joe Diaz

We also have a Roland with eco so max.

We use Orajet 3951 RA and Oraguard 290G. We have used 3M with comply too.

Do a search for Avery on this forum or any other forum before you commit to that brand.... I'll just leave it at that.

We don't use flexi. because we like designing in corel. Versaworks works just fine for ripping. I can't think of any thing else that we might need from a ripping software, so flexi wasn't necessary for us.

Seems like you are on the right track though. Welcome to the industry and good luck!

Bigdawg

Just Me
I'd stay with Versaworks.. if you look around you'll see a lot of threads about color issues when using Flexi to rip...

I like the 3M IJ180cv3 with 8518 lam... but my guys like the Oracal too.

What Joe said about Avery...

shadi75

owner
Thank you all

I wasn't sure if i was missing out on some products i didn't know about, but now i see that what i been using is pretty good for the money.

4R Graphics

I love Oracal's entire product line I use everything from 3628 (fathead material) to 3551 but I do have to say that Avery has really improved over the last few years. many will bash them but for full wraps on cars like HHR and bugs there MPI 1005 can conform better than most of the other wrap films on the market without heat its pretty freakin amazing but it is Avery I havent had a problem but its up to you.

I would not say that MPI 1005 is easier to install about the same maybe a little toucher since its thinner (at least it feels thinner).

Welcome and dont let the Harshness get to you if you ask informed questions even dumb ones but you have at least done your home work you will find that the people here are great.

In fact if it wasnt for signs 101 I would have been one of those under charging industry destroyers when I went on my own. However the great people and the search function have helped me stay open and make money so
THANK YOU EVERYONE here at SIGNS 101!

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I mostly use 3951 & 3951RA with 290 lam. You can't go wrong with 3M either. I always used Oracal because they has an extra 15ft. of material on all their rolls over other brands but they stopped that a couple years ago.
Stay away from Avery products. They screwed many many sign shops over the years.

I prefer to rip from Versaworks over Flexi.

MikePro

3M>Oracal>Avery>Mactac
I don't touch avery, and keep Mactac around for my economy vinyl.
Use both 3M and Oracal and never an issue

itschillin

We use 3551 RA and in my opinion is a very good product. We are trying the Arlon 6000XRP now and will get feedback from our installers.

petesign

IJ180-cv3, with 8518 laminate. It's all we will use. I have heard good things about the oracal, but haven't been willing to risk it. I have some stories about Avery.. lol Supposedly that was the "OLD" Avery...

I can tell you, if McDonalds ever served me a ratburger, I wouldn't care if it was the old McD's or not, I wouldn't ever go back. They would have been better off sticking with paper labels.