• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vehicle graphics lamination

shadi75

owner
I sell a lot of none commercial vehicle side decals.

For wraps i use the oracal 3951 with the oraguard 290g

for flat surface side decals i been using the oracal 3551 with the oraguard 290g

I want to offer a cheaper option to my customers , i m wondering if i can laminate the 3551 with the oraguard 210 for simple side decals, like trailers cub vans or the flat side of a car .

I know some of you guys do it, i like to know how long does it last and how often does it shrink, can i safely says these decals will last 4 years no problem?

i attached some examples

Thanks

Attachments

• carbon fiber truck graphic decals.jpg
    carbon fiber truck graphic decals.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 103
  • american eagle flag trailer decal.jpg
    american eagle flag trailer decal.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 96
  • 20111101164404.jpg
    20111101164404.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 86

MikePro

3551 works just fine outdoors, on flat/simple curves.
I wouldn't use the 210 lam, however. finish with the 290 cast lam if you really want it to last.

Flame

Unless you have really harsh conditions, that combo works fine. Heck 3165GRA would last pretty well for just door decals. For a calendared vinyl it sure doesn't shrink very much.

In my opinion, 3551 w/ 210 would work just fine.

SamFeatherston

3551 does not match with 210

If you look at the Orajet Inkjet Selector Guide - 215 is the least expensive option that matches 3551.

strypguy

I learned the hard way on this subject. Use the right stuff for outdoor vehicle decals. I guess you could go the cheaper route if the customer understands what their getting.

John

brian_fellers

At very least, I would use the Oraguard 215, which is a great laminate. 3551RA calls for 290G, but I know people who use 215 sometimes to cut costs.