• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle Quoting/Artwork

Hey All,

Been in the industry now for 7 years and have been out by myself in the last 6 months, so far most things have gone well, except when it comes to vehicles. I get someone ring me up saying "yeah hey mate, i need my van done, how much will that cost?" i tell them i can't give an on the spot quote, so i tell them the best way is for me to measure it up ask them what they want (how much vinyl/printing) And i give them an estimate of how much it will cost. Then i do the artwork, and they keep changing this or that, and it can be very time consuming, and you start thinking the price you told them isn't enough. Then you send the artwork off to them, and never hear back again! So i have wasted all that time. I cant exactly ask for a 50% deposit before artwork because i dont know how much it is going to cost.

What does everyone else do in this situation?

Thanks

Marcus

neil_se

If you have a showcase of previous vehicles then you can let them know what sort of $$ they're looking at for varying amounts of coverage on a similar vehicle. The artwork requirements might vary a little but that'll only affect the price +- a few hundred dollars.

Something along the lines of "I'd estimate the coverage you're talking about will cost around $2500-3000. If you're comfortable with that investment then the next stage would be to get a deposit so that we can move forward with a design [having showed them a portfolio so they're already confident in your abilities]. If you're budget doesn't extend that far then perhaps you can nominate an amount, and we'll design efficiently to maximise coverage and impact within your budget."