• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vehicle stripe vectors? where to buy

DrJ2vinyl

Win sum loose sum
looking for a strobe stribe vector just like this for a customer , not sure where to purchase the vector, any ideas?

Attachments

• SRT-4111Stripe-2.jpg
    SRT-4111Stripe-2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 440

DrJ2vinyl

Win sum loose sum
i use flexi and i have illustrator i measured the car starts 1 inch wide to 3.5 inches wide over all length is 139 inches and it looks dead straight

Sharx

Wow, I certainly don't want to sound critical, but really? I totally get being able to buy some pre-digitized graphics or stripes. In fact I read this hoping that someone had a source for like skunk stripes for a new Mustang or a hood decal that fits the raised area on a new Camaro or something somewhat difficult or time consuming to reproduce. But I have to ask myself who could measure something like that, and use Illy or Corel and not be able to make that file. It would take longer to get online and ask for that than to set it up and have them cut. Wouldn't it? Sorry maybe it's me. No offence meant to the OP but I think you might be in the wrong profession.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
For your average racing stripe ... design it out yourself or pick up a cd or two of stripes ... plenty out there and they are cheap enough. If you are in a pinch, istock and shutterstock have lots of racing stripe stuff in their library and they are inexpensive designs.

if you are looking for FACTORY stripes ... make sure you are not using a design that is trademarked or liscensed out. remember, if you didn't create the design ... someone else did ... and vehicle accessories are a billion dollar industry.

Sharx

I thought I conditioned my response but I guess to many have feelings laying on the edge of the shoulder.

I get asking questions and I don't believe I claimed to know everything. Thankfully they had champ like you to offer to do it for free. :U Rock:

But I still think if you're able to measure (which they did) and you claim to understand a vector program this shouldn't be a task that you would pay someone else to do. And if you don't understand something that straight forward, should you be taking on that kind of work? It would make ME question why I got into this business.

This reminds me of the saying, “Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”

While not aimed at the OP at some point when does our trade stand up and say, We have skills, and we don't mind sharing with others, if they can share knowledge that they have, to help others. But I'm not making files for the guy down the street with a computer and $300 ebay vinyl cutter so he can be another lowball vinyl shop. Everyday someone is on here asking for someone to do something for them or provide them a file for free. They don't learn anything, other than how to get someone else to do it for them. And you did just that! I would have been more impressed if you explained how to do it. But what do I know I'm just an A$$. Thanks for reminding me Pat.

DrJ2vinyl

Win sum loose sum
thanks tyrant, looks like a good idea. and shark u have a point and i see, no worries i am eager to learn the processes, ins and outs, tricks and tips. I currently run a small booth and would love to have a nice profitable company. I hate my daily job and cant wait the day i can do this full time. my small lil company with this sites help and many others that have helped me and my ambition will get me there. so ill take that as tough love i guess.
i would i say i do te same thing when ever i get ssome any ol shmoe throwing on car parts and then having the nerve to call me while im at work(i also manage a midas auto)and ask a ton of questions so they can get there answers free while there neighbor pays them to do it in there drive way frustrates the hell outta me. so i get it point taken, so cheers to all thanks for all the help from all of you!!!