• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle Templates & Wrap Print Shops

I'm looking for a good vehicle template site that shows accurate measurements & does not cost an arm & a leg.
I'm also in search of a vendor that is not only willing to print & laminate the larger wraps, but is also willing to answer questions about best methods of sending files.
(I only have a 54" printer & laminater & and need 65" plus prints for an upcoming job).
Thanks.

Norman Clifton

Signsilo.com has a subscription fee and 200 down loads a month very well priced. Large images vectors and vehicle templates. Just a good option.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We use ProVehicleOutlines and their templates are pretty good.
It's kinda pricey at a yearly rate, but we download multiple templates per day so it averages out VERY cheap per vehicle overall.
I've been using it for around 15 years now with only a few oddball templates ever giving me issues.

Right now it is VERY hard to get anything besides 54" print wrap vinyl/lam, at least 3M...
Also, most wrap print shops are running 63" printers which can really only run 60" wrap vinyl, and print maybe 59" onto it.
65" would have to be done via grand format, and the quality on that usually goes down drastically.

We use ProVehicleOutlines and their templates are pretty good.
It's kinda pricey at a yearly rate, but we download multiple templates per day so it averages out VERY cheap per vehicle overall.
I've been using it for around 15 years now with only a few oddball templates ever giving me issues.

Right now it is VERY hard to get anything besides 54" print wrap vinyl/lam, at least 3M...
Also, most wrap print shops are running 63" printers which can really only run 60" wrap vinyl, and print maybe 59" onto it.
65" would have to be done via grand format, and the quality on that usually goes down drastically.
Thanks for the info.
I was afraid that might be the answer for the print. I have a 54" roland & have found places that print 59". I guess I'm going to have to get creative with spitting the doors. It's for a F350 long bed, full on graphics with small wording running right across the jams between front & back door. (not my design) either that, or maybe split the rocker panel off.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
all you do is take a picture and scale it. You can make it transparent and work under it or box out areas with door handles or other obstructions. I don't get why you can't print this? The new superduty doors are 48" wide, old are around 52 IIRC

Last edited:
all you do is take a picture and scale it. You can make it transparent and work under it or box out areas with door handles or other obstructions. I don't get why you can't print this? The new superduty doors are 48" wide, old are around 52 IIRC
I found what I needed. #1 I was depending on a person in another state to take the pictures. (not all were square on) #2 need a good layout picture of the hood which is impossible to do unless your hanging from a rope overhead. #3 this is a full on wrap. The truck cab is 61" high & 88" long. and they want part of the picture in the back passenger window. It looks like I'm going to have to find a way
to cut graphic apart before printing & still keep the integrity of the picture & small words. (Not my design or this never would have been an issue).

jfiscus

Rap Master
FWIW, there are regular wraps, and then there are "seamless wraps". Setting up a wrap to print "seamlessly" takes more time to setup and material to print; if they're expecting it to be seamless, then they should be paying more. Seaming along the door pillars are common areas if they're wanting it to be as seamless as possible and you want to run the doors as one wide piece like the bedside.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I found what I needed. #1 I was depending on a person in another state to take the pictures. (not all were square on) #2 need a good layout picture of the hood which is impossible to do unless your hanging from a rope overhead. #3 this is a full on wrap. The truck cab is 61" high & 88" long. and they want part of the picture in the back passenger window. It looks like I'm going to have to find a way
to cut graphic apart before printing & still keep the integrity of the picture & small words. (Not my design or this never would have been an issue).
I have a 54 inch printer. I print ALL of our autowrap jobs.
We use signelements for templates for vehicles. They are to scale and we mock up graphics on them and size the graphics out on the templates. Works like a charm. Not sure sign elements cost, but you have to spend money to make money.

I have a 12x12" magnate, that I will slap on the vehicle, take a picture and use that to scale the photo to 1/10 scale. Now you have a template. Trace around the vehicle to make a clipping path for the mock-up.
Thank you. I do something similar when vehicle is here. Unfortunately vehicle is in another state & I also need an accurate picture of the hood. Thankfully I have found a good template for my current project.

FWIW, there are regular wraps, and then there are "seamless wraps". Setting up a wrap to print "seamlessly" takes more time to setup and material to print; if they're expecting it to be seamless, then they should be paying more. Seaming along the door pillars are common areas if they're wanting it to be as seamless as possible and you want to run the doors as one wide piece like the bedside.
Yep, I'm trying to do exactly as you've said. The bugger part is, F350 fords are 61" from bottom of Rocker panel to roof seam. This is one is going to be a learning curve for sure.

signsbydebbie

I use Corel and work 1:1 scale on everything up to 150'. I work over images I take and scale to within 1/2 inch or less of the real size. I make a knockout image with only background to put over my bleeds for customer proof outs. On final approval I create one image that is the whole side/back etc. with big bleeds where needed. Then I make copies of this image and crop them into over lapping panels and print. This way it's easy to print any window perf or whatever in any shape.
This is basically the same workflow for building fronts/lettering and most any mockup we do. If I had to use scaled down line templates and Adobe whatever, I would quit... and it's my shop.