• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vehicle templates

toucan_graphics

Normally I create my own vehicle templates and don't mess with pre-made ones because I have ran into issues of accuracy or limited availability with certain models or years in the past. Because I'm busier these days I don't have the time to do this anymore.
With the thousands of companies offering vehicle templates, who is the best? Who is the cheapest? Who has the largest collection of make/model and year? Who offers al-a-cart where I can buy/download individual templates as needed?

What do you recommend as the best product for the price?

Thanks

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
i use mr clip-art but like you said, their selection can be limited.. the accuracy is far from being dead on.. and they bunch model years into a category so when you're looking for a 2011 and the only option they have for model is 2009.. the year build number will change but the template wont. I use them merely as a jump point for specific elements, like wing windows - and then just adjust the #'s to my own measurements.

xxaxx

Pro Vehicle Outlines is by far the best I have ever used. We use it daily in the shop and they are almost always very accurate. You still need to double check measurements to be 100% sure, but it is usually correct. You can get their entire package and a subscription for all new templates for fairly inexpensive, or I believe you can buy one offs from their site as well. http://www.provehicleoutlines.com/index.php

Designer Wraps

All have their issues - we use these 3 consistently:

ArtStationTemplates
Mr-Clipart
TheBadWraps

No matter what, you need to measure the vehicle yourself before starting production with any of these templates.

toucan_graphics

Pro Vehicle Outlines is one of the sites I was looking at. Your recommendation helps verify their quality.

I've look at TheBadWraps and may use them as well.

Thanks!

xxaxx

I absolutely hated Bad Wraps when we used to use them ... unless they have gotten better I would highly recommend avoiding them.

Designer Wraps

@xxaxx - yeah they sucked at first. But they are a lot better now. Any issues are taken care of right away too (which is the same for the other two I recommended as well).

xxaxx

@xxaxx - yeah they sucked at first. But they are a lot better now. Any issues are taken care of right away too (which is the same for the other two I recommended as well).

Oh good to know ... last time I used them was about 2 or 3 years ago and they were complete trash ... would have saved time just hand drawing the templates in illustrator over using them.