Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Vehicle Templates

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by blufftonsignguy, May 2, 2018.

1. blufftonsignguy

blufftonsignguy Member

Dec 8, 2012
    bluffton sc
    I am curious what your opinion is on where to purchase accurate vehicle templates? I have never purchased a template but need to purchase a couple. Obviously vector files more for vehicle graphics than wraps.

Thanks for your help!

Tags:
  2. DerbyCitySignGuy

DerbyCitySignGuy Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Kentucky
    There was a guy on the forums a few years ago that shared a BUNCH of templates. Not sure how accurate they were, never used them, but they're there.

Anytime we've used purchased templates, they've always had to be adjusted, so we just stopped buying them.

3. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    Same response I always give. Why templates?
    We use the old tried and true method. "Survey" each vehicle. i.e. slap a 1" x 12" magnet on the sides and back then take straight on photos. Jot down key measurements. Scale the vehicle to size in the desired program then begin designing. 90% of the time templates don't take into account every model to include particular moldings and such. A template may show a window where the actual doesn't have a window.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dunca

Dunca New Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Edmonton, Alberta
    SAi Store: Vehicle Templates

5. Dunca

Dunca New Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Edmonton, Alberta
  6. CL Visual

CL Visual Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Copiague, NY
    We do at least 200 wraps a year and use Bad Wrap for just about all of them.

7. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
  8. Patentagosse

Patentagosse Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Joliette, Quebec (Canada)
    I rarely use 'em but here's the ones I work with:

www.artstation-vehicletemplates.com

but unfortunately they have no semi and it's my main market... also these are american models and sometimes they have slight differences with our canadian models.

www.provehicleoutlines.com have more models (semis, buses, planes, boats...) but who really use 'em (?)

It may be a good starting point to figure out a job but I still rely on my own measurements and pictures to complete a layout. Matter of taste I presume...

• Like Like x 1
  9. tulsagraphics

tulsagraphics Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I haven't tried SAI's templates before. Looked at their website just now. The most recent templates in their drop-down menu selection are from 2015.

I normally use ProVehicleOutlines.com (maybe renew once every 2 to 3 years) or make my own as necessary. PVO works fine, but I always get a few measurements to be on the safe side.