Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vehicle templates

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by signxpress, Nov 13, 2008.

1. signxpress

signxpress New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Does anyone know where I could get downloads of a vehicle template
    on a per vehicle basis?

I'm looking for a 2000 Xterra at this time.:banghead:

Tags:
  2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
  3. signxpress

signxpress New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Thanks I'll give it a shot.

4. grafixemporium

grafixemporium Very Active Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I'm sure this subject has been beaten to death on here, but in my limited experience with templates, I found that they aren't as good as an old fashioned digital photo. While the rough measurements were pretty close, you could find yourself with some things not lining up quite right.

5. signxpress

signxpress New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Thanks but the only thing they show for 2000 is Dodge.

6. signxpress

signxpress New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    I have heard that too Graphixemporium. I would still like to try a template.
    Glutten for punishment I guess.

7. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Most of the templates at Sign.com do not go back further than the year 2004. The only site with any significant number of templates is digitaldesignware.com and I am, at this point, totally unsure what their plan is or prices are because they are different every time I go there.

When and if you find what you're looking for, I like many, would strongly recommend to you that you check the template against the vehicle. I recently reviewed some templates and found that the measurements were different just between the different views of the same vehicle in the same template set ... so I only recommend digital photos for this kind of need.

8. signxpress

signxpress New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Thank you for your help and advise. I will use both of them.