Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vehicle Vinyl Legal release form question

Discussion in 'Vehicle Graphics' started by george1948, Aug 20, 2013.

1. george1948

george1948 New Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Portage, Indiana
    OK,
    wondering if anyone has an answer.

I have been requested to do vehicle racing stripes, about 8-10" wide. Very nice Camaro.
    My question is this.;
    Is there a common release form among vinyl installers something like,, when the vinyl is removed at any time in the future if there any damage to paint or clear coat, I am not responsible to correct.

Or any other release forms for the customer to sign.

I had it happen to my personal truck I was using as an experiment, I pulled up a section of vinyl without heat , it took up the clear coat with it. The truck is a 1997. so the paint is old enough..

I don't want to be liable to paint a car due to the vinyl . I do guarantee my jobs as Satisfaction guaranteed.

Thanks
    George

Tags:
  2. 4R Graphics

4R Graphics Active Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Yes most of us have some type of form that explains we are not liable for damages caused by the installation or removal of the graphics.

Its on a form with a lot of other stuff like the warranty specs, color matching specs, etc...

I am sure if you ask around someone has one to post or go to some of the local shops and ask them so you can get an idea of what you need to put in it to CYA.