• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle Wrap - Help/opinion

GM1990

Hello let me start off by saying i'm new to the forums here.

Just after a little help and peoples own opinion.

I'm planning on doing a full vehicle wrap on my car - Lancer Aspire 2009 Model - Currently Black. For experience and to cover up key marks (thanks drunk wankers).

Been looking around recently and must say its hard to make up my mind.

I live in Australia and use AVS for supplies Pretty pricy though. I was looking at 3M 1080 Series but they dont have a big variety in terms of colours - white, black and silver really. I've looked around at saw that Oracal stock a Matte orange vinyl which would look wicked.

So i'm down to 3m 1080 Matte black or Oracal 970RA Matte Orange

Unless some one can provide me with the colours for HEXIS 3000 and the ORACAL 970 range. Also where abouts can i purchase Oracal or Hexis if i go ahead with it and do they deliver to Australia. Been looking at stickercity.com

SO Whats every ones "view" on this. What would you do any help would be great.

Thanks
GM1990

Attachments

• lancer-front-2.thumbnail.jpg
    lancer-front-2.thumbnail.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 124
  • lancer-side.jpg
    lancer-side.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 105

GM1990

Yeah work at a Print and graphics shop. I do the signage

But only small stuff like window graphics, One way vision, cut vinyl and standard site signs

Bly

Ring David at AD Universal in Sydney for Hexis.
http://aduniversal.com.au/
He's very helpful. We just got some samples off him.
The satin black and carbon fibre are nice.
The 30000 or 20000 series is what you're after.

GM1990

Cheers for the info and welcoming guys.

Very useful and appricated.

Checking out aduniversal now.

Any other sites or advise in the meantime?

Last edited:

Premier Wraps

If you go with the matte black Hexis they have two choices. One is their Super Matte. It's really dull and looks awesome, but scratches really easy. Gonna have to you a felt squeegy and when you're done post heat the entire thing with a flared tip on your heat gun. And only a Nano Style wax on it.

Haakon

This is how the Matte Orange (or saffran yellow as its called) Oracal 970RA looks in real life. I bought a roll to wrap my own small car, but only did the rear hatch before I changed my mind about it :) Looks good, but its more satin than matte really.

You can see on the lower left edge of the hatch on the first picture that its kinda satin/shiny, not really matte. Not like I'd like it to be anyway :)

Attachments

• IMG_1385.jpg
    IMG_1385.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1384.jpg
    IMG_1384.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1383.jpg
    IMG_1383.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 100