• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle Wrap Pricing

racer734

Hey Guys,

Just started vehicle wrapping. Went to some training classes, wrapped a few vans, but just dont know how to estimate a job. Is there a standard rate? I dont wanna be the one out there sitting at the cheapist, but i dont want to be to highest either. Dont know what to charge, just for an install, or if I do the complete job from designing, printing and installing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Christian @ 2CT Media

This is a heated topic and is very much determined by your market and your financials.

We charge between $6.75 and $15.00 per sq ft dependent on materials used and complexity of install, we have others in our area that go down to $5.00 per sq ft.

We charge design minimum fees of $500 for Design in most cases, and we do install only's for other shops at $250 per day + $35.00/hr over 8 hours per 24/hr cycle.

tarahtori

Vehicle wrap price...

My boss is not very forthcoming with information so I don't know what type material we use but he charges 12.00 per sq ft for design and install.

racer734

So i take it, most shops charge by the square foot, and then a separate design fee. Thanks guys I appreciate the help! Like I said I am just starting out and anything helps.

wildside

what "most" shops charge will not pay your bills.

figure out what you have to get, all your overhead etc, then figure out what you want to make on the job. being the cheapest or the highest is not important, if the customer does not have confidence in the product you are selling them, it don't matter what your square foot price is

racer734

We are 3m preferred installers/certified, will be using 3m material, so there is no doubt in my mind that we wont be going the cheap route on materials, nor cutting any corners. I know i will run into a situation where the customer will provide the materials and just want me to install them, then do you still charge by the sq. ft, or do you charge by the hour? what if they provide all the artwork, just want you to print it?

HulkSmash

i have a sqft price including design/print/install. in one price.

but it all depends on the vehicle.

OldPaint

We are 3m preferred installers/certified, will be using 3m material, so there is no doubt in my mind that we wont be going the cheap route on materials, nor cutting any corners. I know i will run into a situation where the customer will provide the materials and just want me to install them, then do you still charge by the sq. ft, or do you charge by the hour? what if they provide all the artwork, just want you to print it?
have you even ever worked in this line of work before you BOUGHT A PRINTER???

cdiesel

Sq ft pricing on wraps makes no sense. Typically, the smaller a vehicle is, the harder it is to wrap. There are certain fixed costs in doing business--it takes just as long to sell a wrap for a VW Beetle as it does for a Sprinter. Design time will be very similar, if not mroe for the Beetle. If you charge the same sq ft price for print/install on these two example vehicles, you'll be broke in no time.

Instead, sq ft pricing is *part* of the equation, but there's much more to it than that.

If you're 3M Preferred, you should be experienced enough to know how to price correctly...

racer734

Chris,

just because i went throught the advaced training 3m classes, and passed all the installations test, doesn't mean i know how to price correctly.

HulkSmash

Sq ft pricing on wraps makes no sense. Typically, the smaller a vehicle is, the harder it is to wrap. There are certain fixed costs in doing business--it takes just as long to sell a wrap for a VW Beetle as it does for a Sprinter. Design time will be very similar, if not mroe for the Beetle. If you charge the same sq ft price for print/install on these two example vehicles, you'll be broke in no time.

Instead, sq ft pricing is *part* of the equation, but there's much more to it than that.

If you're 3M Preferred, you should be experienced enough to know how to price correctly...

Chris, a sqft price is a good place to START when it comes to the amount of vinyl used and how to price it. Never stick to that price, it's just a starting point. Figure out the complexity and subtract or take away price from there.

racer734

AND.. NO OFFENSE but if you've just started wrapping this says a TON of the 3M program.

non taken....The staff said i was only the 2nd one ever to do it, get certified coming into the class with little to no experience. I wouldnt take anything away from them, they are amazing atwhat they do, lots of great advice/techniques and awesome products. When it came to test time, they thought i would be ready for the tests, so i stayed and took them, and did very well. I really enjoy wraping cars, its a blast to seethe finished product.

HulkSmash

Congrats on getting certified. Wrapping is a lot of fun, and a lot of work.
Wish you well in your venture.

ncpdfsb

agree with you, square pricing on a sprinter, ouch! i know some guys who charge more to wrap the bumpers on a hhr...quality installations are something you pay for..