• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle Wrap Spray Paint Removal

kalvix

I have a customer who got their box truck tagged with spray painted. they are asking if their is a convenient way to remove the offensive spray paint without damaging the car paint or wrap?

Damn local gangs tagging the local home brew store's box truck.. :)

J Hill Designs

if its laminated (it should be) then you can probably get it off without any ill effect using any number of things, up to and including brake cleaner

d fleming

If laminated try rapid remover. I have used it before to remove graffiti from lam with good results.

kalvix

Thanks Guys, I'll give it a whirl.

good idea on the police report... i've had my wrap keyed before and insurance picked it up without increasing my premium.

Malkin

I have noted that with some markers and/or spray paints, the sooner you remove it the easier it will be. I have seen some pigments bite into the lam to the point that nothing could remove the stain.

Pat Whatley

Denatured alcohol will take most spray paints off without damaging the wrap. So will vodka but you're probably not going to tell them that.