• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vehicle wraps and lamination

shrmndlit

Hi I was wondering what is needed to do vehicle wraps? Machines? Programs? I have alson seen people talking about lamination. In what type of sinage would you use this?

Capital Signs

mmm... It seems as youare pretty new here, asking all of these questions... Have you done any research on your own? Or have you come to just ask and think people will just tell you all the answers so that you can jump right into doing Wraps!

I would maybe do a search through other posts that have talked about this, and get ready to spend about 40-50 thousand dollars in equipment...

Cheers!

Ken

Hi, welcome from BC.
Lamination is applied to printed graphics to prevent abrasion of the ink and the substrate. It also can add some UV protection to the ink. An inexpensive and effective way to apply an over-laminate is to use the Big Squeegee, offered by one of our members here...Signs by Dale.
Cut vinyl graphics are not normally laminated. of course, there are exceptions.
Training is needed to do vehicle wraps...that is a good place to start your research.
Many of the digital printer manufacturers offer that.
Cheers!
Ken

Pro Image

mmm... It seems as youare pretty new here, asking all of these questions... Have you done any research on your own? Or have you come to just ask and think people will just tell you all the answers so that you can jump right into doing Wraps!

I would maybe do a search through other posts that have talked about this, and get ready to spend about 40-50 thousand dollars in equipment...

Cheers!

Cap I wouldn't go there if I was you.......Not even a month ago you came on here crying about not getting paid 200.00 and we wont go there with all the crap about the church.........All you had to do was a search to get you answers but no you riped up the board with like 300 post in 4 days....crying........

Oh and what did you do....Went from mowing lawns to signs like a month ago......

I sure your vast knowledge of sign and digital printing has its place but you have no right to tell this person what you did..... Because you got grief
when you joined doesn't give you the right to talk to someone that way.....

Now back to the original post.......

www.fellers.com is a good place to go to learn about doing wraps and what equipment you need to get started.......Its not a cheep game to play but you can get in for way less that 40,000.00..........I have a ValueJet, Mutoh 48in cutter and Flexi and a 55in laminator less than 25,000.00.....

high impact

I agree with Pro...call Fellers and take their wrap class. That would be the smartest thing anybody who is thinking about getting into wraps could do.

It will take every bit of $25k plus to get into the game unless you sub out your printing.

Capital Signs

Call Fellers, My apologies for the rude welcome :( Please Forgive. Just trying to not have him have the same experience as me.

iSign

Call Fellers, My apologies for the rude welcome :( Please Forgive. Just trying to not have him have the same experience as me.

...meaning not have the same experience at the hands of others... if you could get here first & let him have it yourself :Big Laugh

jiarby

sounds like a 16yo kid that just got his first car and wants it wrapped...

Company: none
Description: none yet
Position: signmaker
Plotters & Printers: none yet
Signmaking & Graphics Software: none yet

How does he make signs exactly?

shrmndlit

Wow I love this place is loaded with information and its share of comedians. Some of these posts are so funny. Thank you for good info and link. I will look into this more. I have done a good amount of research just needed some clarification and am sure I will need plenty more. I have been a member for a little while and have done a great amount of reading, current job allows for hours at a time on here. Hey jiarby I did not have the info the plotters at the time I signed up and just got Corel I updated the info and if you go to the welcome forum you will see my introduction. Good catch though I forgot all about going back and putting that info in. Oh to be 16 again I guess you’re only a few years off; he he and yes I would love to wrap my own vehicle at 3.70 a gallon I should be using that thing for all its worth. Fellers looks like it could be a good resource perhaps a good reason for a vacation, although not sure what else there is to do in Tulsa. 25K does not sound too bad even at 30k it should be a good investment. I would think the hardest thing to do, as in any business, is recruiting the right people to work for you. High Impact have you done any subbing out? If so how has that worked out for you? I think that would be a good idea. I’ve seen a few posts about doing Coro like that and didn’t even think about the fact you can sub anything out. Again thanks all and glad to be here.

high impact

If you are good with design you can sub out the printing and laminating to a wholesaler then install yourself. Do your homework and keep a good attitude. Your attitude in this biz will make you or break you...especially around here! LOL

To answer your question,
Yes, I have subbed out print work before. I prefer to print in house and control quality but when the job calls for something wider than I can print then I use some MM's here.

Bizzarth

Another reputable company out there is Gregory. They have been around for a long time and is the only national distributor that is also a wholesale graphics provider. :signs101: