Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vehicle Wrapz cost-effective Edgewise?

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by Arlo Kalon 2.0, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Arlo Kalon 2.0

Arlo Kalon 2.0 Very Active Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Reno, TX
    HAS anyone satisfactorily done a wrap with considerable coverage of the vehicle with an Edge? What's best vinyl to use?

Tags:
  2. Driving Force

Driving Force Member

Sep 6, 2004
    we have in the old days. use 3m controltac with comply. You can put several of the prints together on the table to make the install a little easier. just carefully backcut the paper about 1/2 inch ad preassemble them.

3. Barry

Barry Active Member

May 6, 2004
    Dave,

Honestly you would probably be better out subing out the prints to someone with a 54"+ machine. The time savings during install alone will probably save you a ton of money.

4. iSign

iSign Verboten

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
  5. Spot Color

Spot Color Member

Oct 13, 2004
    I feel your pain Doug. I've done some partial wraps with the Edge and now just farm out the printing to a friend with a JV3. Like you, I'm a one man shop and I have to be all things here.

Dave,
    I think you'll find the 3M with comply to be the best for wrapping. About doing it with an Edge... It can be done but why would you want to?

6. iSign

iSign Verboten

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I get my 60" JV3 in a month... so then I would like to try another wrap :)