• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Veloster Windshield Curve (Bottom)

Mitch Turnure

Does anyone have the curvature angle for the BOTTOM of a Veloster windshield for a vinyl banner? I don't have the car, but am going to be making a few banners and want them to follow the curve as best as possible. Thank you in advance for any help.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I personally wouldn't call it a banner. "Window graphic" or "visor graphic". Just me. I also hate referring to web graphics as "banners"
Anyway, if you plan to market several choices I'd say it would behoove you to make your own template. Find/know someone to lend you a veloster. Use transfer tape to wrap the bottom portion of the window then draw in the line with a sharpie, Pull it off and apply it to a rigid substrate then take a photo of it and then scale it in the computer and align your graphic to that. Use some scrap vinyl to run a few. Might need some tweaking here and there but once you get it you're golden.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The right idea but too much work. Just tape a length of paper, butcher paper, wrapping paper, whatever, across the bottom [or the top or both depending]. Trace the curve and sides with a sharpie. Tape the resulting template to a wall, put a post-it** on the template, take a picture.

Now comes the cool part. Import the photo into whatever software you're using. Draw a rectangle around the post-it. Map, power clip, whatever it's called on your software, the photo into the rectangle. Make the rectangle the actual size of the post-it. Unmap the image. Now you have a full size image of the template.

**post-it or framing square or whatever you have that's square and of known dimensions.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
The right idea but too much work.....
Uh...pretty much what I said.
btw You can make yourself a little handy macro to quickly resize photos to scale. If you bring the photo in and draw a rectangle/square around your post it it will be at 100% now resize the shape to actual and make note of the scale percentage then select your photo and match the same percentage.
2 part macro.
1 to record the percentage and
2 to scale the photo to the same