• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vendor for .125" aluminum with white finish

Sdegen2008

Does anyone know a vendor that produces .125" aluminum panels with a white finish? I can find a bunch of the usual places (Harbor, Grimco) with an option in a mill finish but have yet to find one that have a white finish.

I'd like to print directly to the panels but I'd rather not have to print a bunch of white ink along with the print.

Thank you!

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Does anyone know a vendor that produces .125" aluminum panels with a white finish? I can find a bunch of the usual places (Harbor, Grimco) with an option in a mill finish but have yet to find one that have a white finish.

I'd like to print directly to the panels but I'd rather not have to print a bunch of white ink along with the print.

Thank you!
I'm pretty certain it doesn't exist, but you could try Wrisco.

Billct2

You could try buying blanks and having them painted or powder coated locally. Or if it's a large enough order maybe you can source them with a cast white vinyl face.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How many do you need and what size ??

If only a few sheets, it would be much faster and cheaper to buy mill finish and paint them white yourself. Or like someone said, just float white vinyl on it. You can buy.125 aluminum anywhere locally, so freight won't kill ya.

Sdegen2008

How many do you need and what size ??

If only a few sheets, it would be much faster and cheaper to buy mill finish and paint them white yourself. Or like someone said, just float white vinyl on it. You can buy.125 aluminum anywhere locally, so freight won't kill ya.

Yeah I was thinking of doing the whole white vinyl thing but it would have just been SO much easier to print directly, you know? Oh well, gotta adapt, right?!

Thanks

Andy D

Or like someone said, just float white vinyl on it. You can buy.125 aluminum anywhere locally, so freight won't kill ya.
What Gino said.
You probably already know this, but you need to go over mill finished aluminum thoroughly with a solvent. Some like
acetone, I prefer alcohol.. I wipe it down as many times as I need to, to the point my towel isn't turning grey.

Sdegen2008

What Gino said.
You probably already know this, but you need to go over mill finished aluminum thoroughly with a solvent. Some like
acetone, I prefer alcohol.. I wipe it down as many times as I need to, to the point my towel isn't turning grey.

Thanks for the heads up!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I like vinegar. That's my go-to degreaser for 50 years. My one distributor likes brake cleaner. I might try that sometime. Just seems expensive.