Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vendor for King Colorcore?

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by ams, Sep 6, 2018.

1. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    I am looking for a vendor for King Colorcore for the following (all blank signs)

3-ply burgundy / white / burgundy 1/8" thick, 3" x 10", beveled on both edges (Quantity 20)
    3-ply burgundy / white / burgundy 1/8" thick, 3" x 6", beveled on both edges (Quantity 225)
    2-ply burgundy (top Layer) / white (base) 1/16" thick, 2" x 10", beveled on one edge (Quantity 100)
    2-ply walnut (top Layer) / white (base) 1/16" thick, 2" x 10", beveled on one edge (Quantity 30)
    3" chrome wall brackets (Quantity 225)

Thanks

Tags:
  2. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
  3. Devon19515

Devon19515 Member

Jan 12, 2015
    Georgia
    Polymershapes sells King Colorcore HDPE.
    They used to be called Sabic Polymershapes

4. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Apparently this material is Scott Ply?

5. rossmosh

rossmosh Active Member

Oct 9, 2014
    New Jersey
    I'm pretty sure you're just looking for standard engravers plastic signs. Rowmark, Gemini, Gravograph, IPI, and Southeast Plastic all mfg this type of product. Anyone that provides engraved signs should be able to help you with this type of project. You should be aware, the 1/8" material may be tricky to source. It's becoming less and less common due to cost. I often laminate two pieces of 1/16" together. It doesn't look spectacular after it's all done, but it's presentable and far more affordable. I do think taking the quantities into consideration, Gemini or Rowmark will take care of you but it may take a few weeks to get the material in.

One other thing, this material is surprisingly expensive to people in the sign industry. Per square foot, for 1/16" stuff, it's more than double the price of brushed silver ePanel ACM. 1/8" is more than 4x the cost per square foot.