• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vendor that can print on DPF 8000 or similar material

blueben

I am in need of someone to print on DPF 8000 vinyl for a block wall. It is an interior cinder block wall and it seems as most places dont print on wall wrap material.

I thought about using IJ-180c since it is interior and will be up high where no one can touch it. Just not sure if it will work or not.

Anyone have any luck with it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ddubia

Since you said any input would be appreciated I'll throw my limited experience in.

I printed almost a whole roll of DPF8000 on an HP8000 for a job similar to yours. We had to install cut-out letters to an interior cement block wall that was painted with latex. DPF8000 is extremely sticky. It stuck very well for our job. It's been many months now and it's holding up very well.

That stuff can gum up a printer. The adhesive oozes out the sides and at one point grabbed my platen, bound up and caused a head strike. I quickly learned to clean the printer often.

I don't feel confident to print for you since I have enough issues printing for myself. But the product is good. If you print, you can print it yourself if you need enough to warrant buying a whole roll.

My son wraps vehicles and does installs on interior walls for a living. For interior walls, even latex painted drywall, they use a 3M 180. I don't remember him doing any on a cement block wall though. I would have tried it but we did our job before I found out they were using 180 for interior walls. Otherwise I'd have tried a test to see how it holds up.

The DPF 8000 is a little cheaper than 3M 180 if that matters. By about 100 bucks a roll if I remember correctly.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

blueben

I appreciate the input.

I have applied the 8000 before. It was sent to a client and I just installed.

I don't have a printer so that option is out. Have wanted one but never pulled the trigger. Plus for most things, Signs 635 works great for me. Quick turnaround and no worrying about head strikes or any other repair.

I have used 180 on regular walls before and it worked pretty good. I am just nervous about the cinder blocks.

The piece is 3' tall by 30' long which I am probably have that printed in 5 to 6 foot sections.

TrevJonez

I ran about 10 rolls of DPF8000 through a roland SC 545 EX back in 2011. The trick for me was to clean the deck of the printer often as the adhesive would get left on the edges of the print platter that eventually gets to the point of snagging the media as it feeds.

That particular printer had a hard time with pulling heavy media from the roll(worn springs i think) and i had to keep slack hanging on the back side so that it would feed nice and flat.

I ended up using a liquid laminate that worked well. Though we were wrapping concrete pillars in a parking garage.

I now would use my LEJ 640 or XC 540 to print on that material. the SC 545 regrettably has been broken beyond being worth repair.

DFP8000.jpg

KingofProcrasta

I've been having good success with a metal foil media applied with just roller pressure to conform to brick or other masonry, even concrete and asphalt.

The he attached pic shows a floor graphic on coated concrete. No special prep other than brushing off loose particles.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 71