Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vendors printing fluorescent inks?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by mikefine, Dec 18, 2012.

1. mikefine

mikefine Member

May 6, 2007
    I noticed a full page ad in this month’s Big Picture magazine for
    a major brand printer promoting fluorescent/neon inks. It is not an after market product, and supported by manufacturer. This sounds
    to me like it could be ground breaking.

I am not really looking to buy a printer at this time.
    Any vendors or others offer quality fluorescent, full color banners?
    I would be interested in a wholesale source.

Tags:
  2. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Seiko has been promoting their new neon inks for a few months now. http://www.seiko-i.com/products/graphics/colorpainter-w64s54s/index.html I guess some companies are already on board and running them. Like any flourescent though, it sounds like they will be very sensitive to UV degradation and will fade fairly quick in outdoor use. Even Seiko's page above states "they are suitable for various eye catching indoor applications". They state nothing about outdoor use but they do point out indoor use.

3. Uwe Fischer

Uwe Fischer New Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Seiko here in germany has sold some machines with these inks. Only for indoor use, with a durability of only a few weeks. For what? Neon inks for indoor use?
    A colleage of mine, also digital printing company, is frustrated because he did not know this. If someone has customers for that to run the machine nearly daily it is ok, otherwise you will get problems with the printheads etc. like the use of white ink and metallic ink.