• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vendors printing fluorescent inks?

mikefine

I noticed a full page ad in this month’s Big Picture magazine for
a major brand printer promoting fluorescent/neon inks. It is not an after market product, and supported by manufacturer. This sounds
to me like it could be ground breaking.

I am not really looking to buy a printer at this time.
Any vendors or others offer quality fluorescent, full color banners?
I would be interested in a wholesale source.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Seiko has been promoting their new neon inks for a few months now. http://www.seiko-i.com/products/graphics/colorpainter-w64s54s/index.html I guess some companies are already on board and running them. Like any flourescent though, it sounds like they will be very sensitive to UV degradation and will fade fairly quick in outdoor use. Even Seiko's page above states "they are suitable for various eye catching indoor applications". They state nothing about outdoor use but they do point out indoor use.

Uwe Fischer

Seiko here in germany has sold some machines with these inks. Only for indoor use, with a durability of only a few weeks. For what? Neon inks for indoor use?
A colleage of mine, also digital printing company, is frustrated because he did not know this. If someone has customers for that to run the machine nearly daily it is ok, otherwise you will get problems with the printheads etc. like the use of white ink and metallic ink.