• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versa art rs640 LED display problem?

messmedia

Hi, ppl!
I kinda - don't know at this point is this a problem or not, - been printing all day long, 12 hours now, so my brain is melted and I am amazed and proud of myself that I can even write this post and make complete sentences!

So, I've just finished printing, and RS640 went on standby. I wanted to turn it off, but what do I see? At it's led display, it just says w-1580 - measured width of media. It is located at top left corner of LED display.

Now, my dilemma is: were there some more information this morning? Isn't it's default standby state of display when it is showing the width and words: "Ready to print"?
Or am I delusional? - And I am not joking either, if I made this all up, I am serious about possible mental illness I developed from 2 much time in the office.
So, please give UR opinions (about led display, not my mental health :{)). What is normal state of LED display when not printing? If someone had similar problems (if this is a problem), please share. I did find one thread here about led not been ok, but that was whole another story.

And yeah, I tested the print, it is ok. I turned machine off and turned it on - same thing: just media width at top left corner. I pull the plug and release material and load it again - no change. Went through the menu - nothing there - no settings of any kind about lcd display that I could find.

I didnt do anything xcept printing today, I changed 2 cartridges, machine did not call any error, no beeps or light alerts, It is low on black and magenta at this point, but they are not empty. No head strikes or any problem at all. It printed for 12 hrs straight with only few half-hour-or-so breaks.

Could it be too tired to show THE SENTENCE (Ready to print :{DDDD)?

I just can't remember the state of lcd while idle (on standby ready to print).
So, please send some feedback about this ...

messmedia

:{DDD u know, sometimes it is best to FORGET U have a problem for a while, and then, U just might see the solution, or realise amount of Your own over-work state.
Anyway, problem from above, and thing that was missing is acctually LENGTH of material information. And the reason is - :{) I've set it to 50 meters at beginning of print, which is my roll length, and I did put second roll in, but I did not reset material length.
What was interesting, though, is that U expect if machine's length counter comes to zero to stop printing? or at least note You some way? Well, mine machine did not do any of that.
So I reset material length today, and now all is ok.