• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versa Camm Will Not Cut

signprinter

Hello All
I just installed Versa Works on my laptop as my desktop was giving me problems. I have everything set up and it prints just fine, but it will not cut. I even tried sending the test cut from the menu and it says it is sent but will not cut. I have checked all settings and everywhere it is set to print & cut. I am running the newest version on windows 10 printer is SP300V. Anyone else have this problem and have a fix. Thanks

Mysticalvibes

Try sending a test cut from the printer menu to see if that cuts or try selecting a different media we "generic vinyl". Cutting is disabled for certain media's. This can be changed in the media setting menu which you'll find in the menu bar at the top.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

signprinter

I also never had this problem with my desktop...it runs windows 8 could that be the problem. Roland said that this works on 10

Mysticalvibes

I'm running an xr640 and sp540 from 4 machines all using Windows 10 so can't see that been the problem. Does Versaworks dual work with it do you know?

euronymous

Try running Versaworks as administrator - I have Win10 and can't cut or even see the red lines in versaworks if I'm not running the program as admin

Mysticalvibes

My apologies, I see its only compatible with the sp300i :-( I had the link saved in my emails from when Roland sent it to me.

euronymous

Spent a good 40 minutes smashing my head into the wall trying to set it up with an unsupported model when they first sent out the upgrade email. Felt like quite the silly goose when I noticed that pesky little "i"

Mysticalvibes

I complained to Roland as when it was first released it was only supplied with new machines! A bit pissed off when you spend almost 20 grand and can't get a copy. Was hoping for some useful improvements but so far nothing worthwhile. Deals with transparencies better but that about it. Still no option to centre your image after its been clipped.

DJr

I complained to Roland as when it was first released it was only supplied with new machines! A bit pissed off when you spend almost 20 grand and can't get a copy. Was hoping for some useful improvements but so far nothing worthwhile. Deals with transparencies better but that about it. Still no option to centre your image after its been clipped.

And the RIP is much slower! Quite irritating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk